Sign in to follow this  
MetalHead

How Long

quote:
Originally posted by MetalHead:

I just wanted to know how long you have been a magic fan. i have been a magic fan since 2002. i live in Oakland so i get crap for for being a magic fan.

I thought I was the only Magic fan in California. I've been a fan since 95. Back in the old Penny, Shaq, and Anderson days.

there's more than one Cali fan... trust meh =D

I grew up in Orlando and Sanford for the most part of my childhood, 1992 was when I first understood basketball, and 93 was the first time I followed a team (the Magic) for a whole season...

Now I'm 22, transplanted in Cali, and surrounded by Laker fans everywhere, it sucks

For me it was the 93/94 season I think I was 10. It was the first year that uk tv really started showing a large number of games on terrestrial tv (not sky channels)I remember seeing penny and shaq and was like whoahhhhhhh, they pretty much just showed the rockets and olajuwon all the time though icon_frown.gif and we know what happened the following year sniff sniff.

'89/'90. That was around the time I started getting into pro-ball and, lo, there was a new team starting at the same time.

Serendipity.

we did not get much nba in new zealand till 95 only teams you heard about was lakers celtics and the bulls and then someone said to me as we were about to watch game 1 who you got orlando or houston did not know any of the teams or much about the league first game id ever sit down and watched.

i went orlando and been following ever since

Since the conversation of a professional basketball team was announced....

Orlando is my heart, my home... I have always played basketball and still do now... once we got the Magic... I was all about it as a kid.

For me it was 93 I did a lot of driving and listened to the radio and on Mondays on 580am there was Scott Anez. So I started out on the radio and then started watching games. I miss the Monday Magic radio.

since the beginning - it was great to watch Scott Skiles and that scrappy bunch of over achievers - we were thrilled to win half our games as the team hustled and put it all out there - they didn't have the talent, but they played to the best of their ability

1989. My family bought four season tickets in the first row of the upper deck and I went to almost every excruciating game that year. We lost a ton, but the O-rena still rocked !