Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

Sentinel now confirming Magic matching to retain Gortat

If this comes true tomorrow (idk how credible local news is for breaking a sports story), then moldy is the man. Although I can't imagine us bringing back Gortat and paying that much money as a backup. So the bigger question is who's he being traded for and do we have to give up anything else?

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

The Dallas fans are saying they heard this confirmed on ESPN

I haven't seen it on ESPN and I've had it on for at least the last few hours. I always watch the news at 11 and thats when I saw the broadcast that we are matching the offer Dallas made Gortat and that an announcement will be made tomorrow morning/afternoon.

its really confusing. some ppl saying the saw it on espn n others r saying i havent seen a thing. im gonna go watch some tv n then bed n see if i can find anything

quote:
Originally posted by MavsFan:

They will pay 60 million. Signing Gortat puts you guys into the luxury tax.

otis said he can spend as much money as he wants but i dont want gortat for 60 million when he wont get mintues behind howard

Ok now they keep gortat and add bass...Dam they really are making it up nicely...They are getting me worried now...They seem to be paying a lot of money in that frontcourt while howard will be dominating those mins

Btw,anderson could be a guy we trade for ...Im not too familiar to be honest,but i believe he can shoot

haha this was on the cavs site.....now why in the world would they think we would trade them anderson hahahah morons.

quote:
Originally posted by MavsFan:

They will pay 60 million. Signing Gortat puts you guys into the luxury tax.

I understand that, but Gortat isn't going to be here for this whole season anyway. I'm pretty sure Otis is matching to get something in return for him and not let him go for free.