Sign in to follow this  
A BETTER DJ

Would you have made this trade?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

this trade makes absolutely no sense. none at all. this thread makes no sense. none at all

+1 i voted pass no one would of taken clee for vc a year ago

We got Alston cause Meer was hurt, so if you agreed on this ideal you are a complete idiot!

But then again...this trade makes no sense!

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

We got Alston cause Meer was hurt, so if you agreed on this ideal you are a complete idiot!

But then again...this trade makes no sense!

i tend to agree i am just wondering how our on court chemistry is going to be effected.

we only really needed to upgrade some depth on the bench i havnt seen a team lose the finals and make the changes that we have (especally so early in the free agency).

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

A year ago, if someone had suggested that trade, I'd likely have questioned their intelligence, openly mocked them, put them on my ignore list for wasting my time, or some combination of the 3.

The reasoning for that is complicated, but "That trade makes no sense because Rafer Alston isn't on our team" covers most of it.

But Drunk, that is what makes it better - we trade a guy from Houston and make our team better. I would trade Kobe right now to pick up say Chris Bosh.

Bass n Turk were seperate trades.

the trade was Vince and Anderson. For Lee, Battie, and Alston

N id say hell yes. Anything that involves us getting my favorite player. Even if he wasnt my fave, itd be a definent yes.

there'd be no way i'd take this trade. We give away great pieces that positively impact our team. C. Lee, a starting rookie shooting guard for a finals caliber team, this just makes no sense. We give away Alston, a starting tier point guard, turkoglu (even though i hated almost every second he was on the court) one of the most versatile players in the game, Batman - a solid bench player that gave us depth in the big man department, and clee. all of that for VC (a star that already has reached his peak), Ryan Anderson (a solid but quiet rookie with unknown potential), a very athletic backup PF, and cash. theres no way i would have done that a year ago

I would not have done the trade. I would, however, have traded Battie for some Doritos.