Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

With Houston in need should Otis match? Barnes info(Denton & Povtak)

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I edited the original post with the stuff from Povtak...that was very interesting...made me think that if Otis thinks he can abstract something from Houston or anybody else that he will indeed match Marcin...

that is exactly what I am thinking. but other than Battier who would you want from Houston?

Ariza. lol

Does getting Josh Howard from Dallas work? He might seem like the odd man out there with Marion coming in.

If Otis is thinking about something along the Battier lines, he must just have tons of money to spend.

If we bring somebody like Barnes, it would be to either backup Pietrus or to start instead of Pietrus at the 3. He would basically replace Hedo in the line up. There should be no playing time issues with that I guess.

But I know worry about size, Pietrus is actually a little bit undersized for SF, and Barnes probably is too. Or maybe I'm worrying too much lol.

The real issue would at the 4 and 5. We will have 2 backup PFs for Rashard and no backup center for Dwight.

Now, if Rashard moves to SF, that's another story.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

quote:

I edited the original post with the stuff from Povtak...that was very interesting...made me think that if Otis thinks he can abstract something from Houston or anybody else that he will indeed match Marcin...

that is exactly what I am thinking. but other than Battier who would you want from Houston?

Kyle Lowry? Man if Otis got him and signed Barnes we would be STACKED.

ya that would be nice.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

YES~!

In Otis I trust! Thankfully it seems as if Otis sees the wisdom in matching and trying to move him instead of just letting him walk.

As for Gortat, you're about to get an 800 percent pay raise. You'll be aight!

I think as long as Gortat can keep adding to his already souped up BMW, he should be happy. Also, a question: I thought Denton got fired, so why does he still have all this info to offer on our current situation?

He was just on espn radio discussing things, and one thing he brought up was that he thinks they will match Gortat and trade him to either Houston/Dallas. Take it for what it is worth.

I like that the OMMB isn't the only ones thinking sign Gortat and trade him if needs be. Denton could just be stealing ideas from our threads though...scoundrel.

He didn't get fired...got caught in a numbers game with new ownership and the economy...he'll catch on somewhere...hopefully with ESPN...he's to good not to get a job...

As you can see...he is full of inside scoop, lol...

Love that guy!!

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

Does getting Josh Howard from Dallas work? He might seem like the odd man out there with Marion coming in.

If Otis is thinking about something along the Battier lines, he must just have tons of money to spend.

not enough minutes especially if we get barnes

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

Ariza. lol

That dude has to hate us. Brian Cook. Brian flippin' Cook.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:

Ariza. lol

That dude has to hate us. Brian Cook. Brian flippin' Cook.

championship!!!!!

I always thought when the Mavs aquired Marion they would start Marion at the 3 and Howard at the 2. Terry still comes off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:

No Ball Junkie, we shouldnt make a play for Barnes. We should just match the offer and trade Gortat for Battier. We dont need anymore PFs.

Who says Houston would do that?

and barnes isn't a pf.... rodney carney is available so is marquis daniels, they might be out of our price range, but then again they might not be.

Houston will do it if they just signed Ariza to become there starter and get out of Battier contract. Battier has 1 year left on his contract. If Houston could get a starting center in Gortat only if they give up Battier than they should go for it. Battier contract will be expiring anyways. Get somebody for him.

Houston also just lost Artest, so I dont' see why they wouldn't to just like having Battier and Ariza starting instead of Battier and Artest. I figure Ariza is Artests' replacement, not Battiers. They could really use some offense though because neither Ariza (unless playing Orlando in the finals) or Battier are real offensive weapons.

Well look at Houston's roster, they no other center besides Yao. Yeah they play Landry and Scola at center at times. But their not true centers. Gortat is. If you had a chance at getting him just for 1 of your small forwards then go for it. You can always pickup a small forward(BARNES) but you cant always find a good big man. Gortat has potential and Houston knows it. If Yao was healthy than i doubt if they would have pursued Gortat but since he is, they really dont have no other options then go after Gorat. Unless they plan on playing Scola and Landry at the center.

Makes me wonder if Houston and Orlando have had talks all along about Gortat. Besides rejecting Theo Ratliff, I haven't really heard anything about the Rockets doing anything to replace Yao when they obviously need to. I would think they'd be more willing to part with Lowry over Battier though for Gortat. I wouldn't mind it. He's definitely better than No Neck.

No way, no how I give up the Gortatinator without a solid player and some unprotected draft picks from a potentially bad team. Centers are impossible to come by. Young centers are even harder to come by.

We dont need much more as far as talent goes and since Otis strapped us with rashards disasterous contract we have no choice but to continue to build a dynasty with cheap rookie contracts who dont really need to contribute their first year. If gortat goes we need to stock up for the future and given dwight will be here for a while I dont see us having any high draft picks of our own any time soon.

Think about it. Gortat goes to houston and Yao is out for the year and houston tanks it. Then we have houstons lottery pick (and we all know magic lottery luck). Next thing we have is the #1 pick for the next dwight and he signs for 4 million bucks a year for 4 years on the rookie pay scale. It solves the $$$ issue and continues a dynasty!

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE!

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

No way, no how I give up the Gortatinator without a solid player and some unprotected draft picks from a potentially bad team. Centers are impossible to come by. Young centers are even harder to come by.

We dont need much more as far as talent goes and since Otis strapped us with rashards disasterous contract we have no choice but to continue to build a dynasty with cheap rookie contracts who dont really need to contribute their first year. If gortat goes we need to stock up for the future and given dwight will be here for a while I dont see us having any high draft picks of our own any time soon.

Think about it Gortat goes to houston and Yao is out for the year and houston tanks it. Then we have houstons lottery pick (and we all know magic lottery luck). Next thing we have is the #1 pick for the next dwight and he signs for 4 million bucks a year for 4 years on the rookie pay scale. It solves the $$$ issue and continues a dynasty!

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE!

Ted Stepien likely wouldn't have given up an unprotected 1st for Marcin Gortat, much less several. And Stepien was the worst GM in NBA history.