Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

With Houston in need should Otis match? Barnes info(Denton & Povtak)

Guys, if we wanna match Gortat and make a trade for one of their PF's or SF's do ya think we should still make a play for Barnes?

Or, maybe Otis wasn't lying when he said, "I can spend as much as I want"!

Huh Nyce, lol...

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

Denton just said Barnes is their next guy and that his agent was in orlando all week pushing him and the Magic into getting a deal done.

Where'd you hear that...Radio???

dont know if this has been posted yet

Povtak piece from FanHouse

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/0...ch-mavs-offer-sheet/

Gortat

quote:
"I have a feeling now they (Magic) are going to match it,'' Gortat said Friday between Summer League Games. "That's what I'm hearing, they will match. We'll have to see, but I'm kind of down right now. Either way, I'll end up on a pretty good team.''

Otis

quote:
"I've said all along, I think the number (his contract) is a little high,'' Smith said. "But that doesn't change how we think. One thing (signing Bass) doesn't have anything to do with the other (matching Gortat). I'm still working on a few other things, and until those transpire, it's kind of premature to say what we're going to do.''

interesting...

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Bass can't play center!!!!!!!!! an idiotic signing like this shouldn't impact Gortat and i'm sick of us having to play Dwight 40 minutes a night.

I hate this move with a passion because we aren't getting barnes and we're changing styles.

Just a dumb move

Yeah, I know what you mean. The thought of having to watch Dwight play basketball for 40 minutes a game is too much to stomach.

And to think Otis filled out our very last roster spot with Bass, and now there is no room to add a center.

This post makes so much sense.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? OTIS KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. WE ALL NEED TO RELAX!

Wait....that was sarcasm? Nevermind.

*backs away*

If Otis matched Gortat and then traded him for a player we could use I would declare that day a holiday called Otis Smith day and we would all have the day off from work and school.

we're acquiring a lot of players that will be demanding minutes. If we get barnes that makes our lineup looking something like:

Meer/AJ/??

VC/Barnes/Redick

Rashard/Pietrus/Barnes

Bass/Anderson/Rashard/Barnes

Dwight/Foyle??

- VC needs his minutes ~30+

- Barnes is going to want starter minutes

- Rashard, well, we didn't give him all that money to not recieve ample playing time

- Pietrus needs his 6th man minutes

- Bass, our new acquisition needs around 25+

- Dwight, i assume will be playing most of the game seeing that he is our star player and now doesn't have a reliable backup

- Jameer will receive a lot of playing time, too much playing time i'm afraid...he's very injury prone and we have "Dad" as backup, ehh

- Anderson needs some light backing up Bass, the kid's got talent

- JJ will probably not be able to take another year of riding pine, and management will not trade him because for whatever reason, they love him

so in all of this, how is our rotation NOT going to be clogged and how are the players going to get their expected minutes in such a tight lineup. I hope they just grow a set and respect that they're on a championship caliber team, but we all know that never happens, they'll want their playing time. As much as I hate to say it, we need to work on upgrading our backup PG and acquire a solid backup for Dwight

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Guys, if we wanna match Gortat and make a trade for one of their PF's or SF's do ya think we should still make a play for Barnes?

Or, maybe Otis wasn't lying when he said, "I can spend as much as I want"!

Huh Nyce, lol...

these are a couple quotes today from Marcin and Denton said he expects them to match him and try to trade him.

"I have a feeling now they (Magic) are going to match it,'' Gortat said Friday between Summer League Games. "That's what I'm hearing, they will match. We'll have to see, but I'm kind of down right now. Either way, I'll end up on a pretty good team.''

"He (Smith) is like an iceberg,'' Gortat said. "You just never know about him. He can laugh. He can smile, and at the end of the day, it's no, no, no, they aren't going to match, and all of a sudden I'm finding out they might match.''

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

Denton just said Barnes is their next guy and that his agent was in orlando all week pushing him and the Magic into getting a deal done.

Where'd you hear that...Radio???

ya he is on the radio right now.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

dont know if this has been posted yet

Povtak piece from FanHouse

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/0...ch-mavs-offer-sheet/

Gortat

quote:

Otis

quote:
"I've said all along, I think the number (his contract) is a little high,'' Smith said. "But that doesn't change how we think. One thing (signing Bass) doesn't have anything to do with the other (matching Gortat). I'm still working on a few other things, and until those transpire, it's kind of premature to say what we're going to do.''

interesting...

very interesting...thanks for posting...