Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

With Houston in need should Otis match? Barnes info(Denton & Povtak)

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by one9:

quote:

My best guess is that most of you have forgotten that Anderson played backup center for the Nets and he did alright.

So for those wondering about Shard, Bass and Anderson and where would they get all their minutes here is your answer.

Anderson never played center for the Nets. He would be more likely to play the 3 than the 5.

I checked his stats and it mentioned how he played backup center for the Nets.

Last year, the reason why Anderson didn't get more playing time was mainly because the Nets thought he wasn't strong enough to play the 4, much less the 5. The only time he could be confused for playing the 5 would be when him and Yi were in the game, which rarely ever happened.

It was mostly Josh Boone and Sean Williams who would back-up Lopez at center. Anderson's game is spotting up at the three point line and crashing the boards, and he's very good at both.

quote:
Daryl Morey said the Rockets are likely to acquire a replacement for the injured Yao Ming via trade.

"I think we're probably going to have to trade for a center," Morey said after watching his summer league team in Las Vegas. "That will probably be the plan at this point. There are a few free agents that might be later fill-ins, but I think most likely we'll address some of our needs through trades."

Morey said the team is not yet ready to make an announcement on Yao Ming's injury status.

"We're going to make a joint release with Yao's advisors when we decide on a course of treatment," Morey said. "Before that we're going to stay quiet on it because we don't really know until that decision is made what will happen."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/0...ll-trade-for-center/

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

is there a specific time limit after matching gortat's offer before we can trade him? or does he just have to agree to the trade?

I'm pretty sure its 6 months.

quote:

quote:

quote:

My best guess is that most of you have forgotten that Anderson played backup center for the Nets and he did alright.

So for those wondering about Shard, Bass and Anderson and where would they get all their minutes here is your answer.

Anderson never played center for the Nets. He would be more likely to play the 3 than the 5.

I have a prediction since you are so insistent on them. Anderson won't play 40 minutes at the center position for the entire year.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

is there a specific time limit after matching gortat's offer before we can trade him? or does he just have to agree to the trade?

You are pretty sure of something that is wrong.

We can trade him whenever we want.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

I think M4GIC meant, when we can trade him for the full value of the new contract. I'd least I'd like to think so.

I keep hearing 6 months and a year, and I'd freggin' like to know which one it is. All this BYC stuff is new to me, like I'm crashing for a Finals exam.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have a prediction since you are so insistent on them. Anderson won't play 40 minutes at the center position for the entire year.

This from the same poster claiming emphatically in multiple threads that Gortat & Battier are pigeon held into the C & SF positions is rather amussing.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

Thank You DOM, I know you've talked about it before so I don't wanna irritate your ire by asking again, ha-ha...

But, even Nyce was on the phone a little while ago telling me that it we matched Gortat we couldn't trade him for 6 months to a year...I said I don't think that's true...

Amirite, lol...?

quote:

quote:

quote:

What are you talking about. Anderson never played center for the Nets. Maybe like 30 min the entire year