Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

MAGIC HAVE OFFICIALLY SIGNED BRANDON BASS - APOLOGIES DUE TO THE HOBO

i'm so ridiculously happy, Talk about Highlight reel material.... VC, DH, BB, Sweet Lew, Mighty Mouse, Peaches.... Wow.

so.. how about HOW slow espn is today? they still haven't posted it on espn.com

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

The Cavs board has mixed feelings.

Someone said that now there arent any matchup problems cuz Lebron can guard Shard at the 3 and AV can guard Bass at the 4 and Shaq>Dwight

and Delonte on Vince? LOL

The collective mood actually appears to be that of depression

Okay, let's say for the sake of argument that they're right. Let's say the CLEVELAND CAVALIERS are playing well against this lineup for the ORLANDO MAGIC.

OH NO! Whatever shall we do?!?

Hmmm...

Dwight

Lew

Pietrus

VC

Jameer

Problem solved.

Our lineups are gonna be so versatile, it's ridiculous. This is gonna be great.

I know, the funny thing is, we made this trade to get better against L.A. and Boston. We already can roll with Shard and RA at the 4 and Peitrus at the 3 to play Cleveland.

quote:
Originally posted by siradam134:

i'm so ridiculously happy, Talk about Highlight reel material.... VC, DH, BB, Sweet Lew, Mighty Mouse, Peaches.... Wow.

so.. how about HOW slow espn is today? they still haven't posted it on espn.com

ESPN is in denial

I love this move. Even if he doesn't start and plays 20-25 off the bench then that salary is still reasonable for a big.

I think we got substantially better, tougher, and younger this offseason. Otis has been very impressive in an offseason that seems especially crucial now that the East has gotten a lot tougher.

I'm a little late to the party - out to lunch with the wife - but HOORAY! WE FINALLY SIGNED BASS! As many have said, we are now a VERY versatile team. Look for Otis to bring in Barnes in the coming days.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

so from the few details we know, sounds like 4.5 mil a year.

What do yall think of that? Bargain or did Otis overpay? Did Dutt work his magic again?

I know it's a little early for this discussion, but nonetheless, I'm still ecstatic he'll be in Magic blue, and not Dallas Blue!

With annual raises of around 10.5% per year it looks like he probably is getting about $3.9 million a year to start if it is around $18 million total over 4 years. That would leave what - $1.7 million for another free agent in using up the MLE?

we cant give 10.5% raises to him i dont think. only 8.5

It's actually just 8, not 8.5.

yeah but its not an accumulated 8% raise...

MLE with annual raises equivalent to 8% of the contracts first year value each year

ahh its not?

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

Now that this thread has slowed down a little bit, just wanted to say props to moldy hobo. Pretty impressive first post.

Thanks man hopefully i will get some more inside info on other magic signings....we'll see

quote:
Originally posted by moldy_hobo:

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

Now that this thread has slowed down a little bit, just wanted to say props to moldy hobo. Pretty impressive first post.

Thanks man hopefully i will get some more inside info on other magic signings....we'll see

At least we know you're legit.

Want to know the beauty of all this?

When David Robinson first came into the league, he could score, but was all about rebounds and defense. Dennis Rodman joined the Spurs, allowed Admiral a little slack on defense and the boards, and Robinson's ppg jumped up.

Now, I'm not saying Bass is Rodman by any stretch, but now Dwight can work a little harder on the offensive end.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Want to know the beauty of all this?

When David Robinson first came into the league, he could score, but was all about rebounds and defense. Dennis Rodman joined the Spurs, allowed Admiral a little slack on defense and the boards, and Robinson's ppg jumped up.

Now, I'm not saying Bass is Rodman by any stretch, but now Dwight can work a little harder on the offensive end.

Thats a good point. Way too many times last year, Dwight was the only one rebounding the ball and defending the paint. I hated when he had to help out someone else on defense, and then the opposing center or power forward gobbled up the offensive rebound.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

so from the few details we know, sounds like 4.5 mil a year.

What do yall think of that? Bargain or did Otis overpay? Did Dutt work his magic again?

I know it's a little early for this discussion, but nonetheless, I'm still ecstatic he'll be in Magic blue, and not Dallas Blue!

With annual raises of around 10.5% per year it looks like he probably is getting about $3.9 million a year to start if it is around $18 million total over 4 years. That would leave what - $1.7 million for another free agent in using up the MLE?

we cant give 10.5% raises to him i dont think. only 8.5

It's actually just 8, not 8.5.

yeah but its not an accumulated 8% raise...

MLE with annual raises equivalent to 8% of the contracts first year value each year

ahh its not?

It's not. The total value of the contract, assuming max raises, can be calculated as:

x + 1.08x + 1.16x + 1.24x = 18.5m, where x is equal to the first year salary.