Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

MAGIC HAVE OFFICIALLY SIGNED BRANDON BASS - APOLOGIES DUE TO THE HOBO

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I got Permanently banned from Real GM for posting the news of LeBron getting dunked on.

On the Cavs forum lol. 3 times..

Honestly no matter what team we face, they will always have a problem with one of our all stars at least.

Delonte on Vince? thats a joke.

HAHAHAHA. You're so right my friend.

quote:
Originally posted by robert.ryba1:

rofl, Espn is denial. they do love to hate the magic

Yes, they hate the magic.

Im pretty sure it's because they wanted a LeBron, Kobe matchup soo **** bad that they were pissed we went to the finals. Oh, and we are also sponsored by Adidas. How many adidas commercials do they endorse on ESPN?

I remember watching ESPN talking on Vince a few yearrs back, that he's prolly the most gifted and talented NBA athlete, and if he were in Kobe's position he'd be at the same place if not better.

Now Vince joins the Magic, and they talk about how VC only plays for himself, n how this trade sucks.

CONSPIRACY button ON.

btw Waldo ur sig is the sickest

I didn't want to comment on Bass until Otis actually signed him because I didn't want to jinx it. Seriously, you guys don't understand how HUGE this acquisition is. I followed Dallas closely last season, since I'm a huge Barea fan, and Dallas fans considered Bass their future. He's not only a great shot-blocker and rebounder, but his biggest asset, the one that diferentiates him from the rest of normal banger power forwards, is his mid-range shot. If we play Howard and Bass together, Bass doesn't take offensive space away from Howard and if D12 is doubled Bass can make the mid-range shot ala McDyess. This is huge, huge, huge. I really can't wait for the season to begin!

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

[it's not. The total value of the contract, assuming max raises, can be calculated as:

x + 1.08x + 1.16x + 1.24x = 18.5m, where x is equal to the first year salary.

Where did you get that formula...

Wouldn't it be

X x .08 = The average raise each year?

Using 5 as x isnt it

5 x .08 = 400,000 wouldnt that be the same raise each year? when i read the CBA or Larry Coons Website..

MID-LEVEL SALARY EXCEPTION -- This exception allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract equal to the average salary, even if they are over the cap (see question number 24 for the definition of "average salary." Also note that for 2005-06 they used a defined figure of $5 million). This exception may be split and given to multiple players. It may be used for contracts of up to five years in length, and raises are limited to 8% of the salary in the first year of the contract. Signing a player to a multi-year contract does not affect a team's ability to use this exception every year. For example, a team can sign a player to a five-year contract using this exception and still use the exception the following year to sign another player. Also see question number 20 for more information on the availability and use of this exception.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

[it's not. The total value of the contract, assuming max raises, can be calculated as:

x + 1.08x + 1.16x + 1.24x = 18.5m, where x is equal to the first year salary.

Where did you get that formula...

Wouldn't it be

x x 1.08 = The average raise eeach year?

Using 5 as x isnt it

5 x .08 = 400,000 wouldnt that be the same raise each year? when i read the CBA or LArry Coons Website..

MID-LEVEL SALARY EXCEPTION -- This exception allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract equal to the average salary, even if they are over the cap (see question number 24 for the definition of "average salary." Also note that for 2005-06 they used a defined figure of $5 million). This exception may be split and given to multiple players. It may be used for contracts of up to five years in length, and raises are limited to 8% of the salary in the first year of the contract. Signing a player to a multi-year contract does not affect a team's ability to use this exception every year. For example, a team can sign a player to a five-year contract using this exception and still use the exception the following year to sign another player. Also see question number 20 for more information on the availability and use of this exception.

8% is equal to .08. So what I wrote was an equation for the numbers based on that. 1.08x would be x +8%. 1.16x would be x +8% twice.

quote:
Originally posted by The Seventh Seal:

I didn't want to comment on Bass until Otis actually signed him because I didn't want to jinx it. Seriously, you guys don't understand how HUGE this acquisition is. I followed Dallas closely last season, since I'm a huge Barea fan, and Dallas fans considered Bass their future. He's not only a great shot-blocker and rebounder, but his biggest asset, the one that diferentiates him from the rest of normal banger power forwards, is his mid-range shot. If we play Howard and Bass together, Bass doesn't take offensive space away from Howard and if D12 is doubled Bass can make the mid-range shot ala McDyess. This is huge, huge, huge. I really can't wait for the season to begin!

Thanks for the take...good stuff!