Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Possible Players To Use The Trade Exception On.

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

I don't understand why you guys think Houston would just give away Battier, one of its best players, when they already have injuries to both McGrady and Yao.

i think it's mostly an issue of ariza showing up and playing SF minutes, battier can start here, shard/(maybe bass)anderson/peitrus/battie/carter/(barnes/wafer)....jj can rotate the sg/sf/pf spots depending on who your playing. he'd get a pretty good chance here, considering Yao has just sidelined himself on paper for the year.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

I don't understand why you guys think Houston would just give away Battier, one of its best players, when they already have injuries to both McGrady and Yao.

i think it's mostly an issue of ariza showing up and playing SF minutes, battier can start here, shard/(maybe bass)anderson/peitrus/battie/carter/(barnes/wafer)....jj can rotate the sg/sf/pf spots depending on who your playing. he'd get a pretty good chance here, considering Yao has just sidelined himself on paper for the year.

I get that he would be a great fit for us (I would love him here). But I don't see why Houston would even consider it. If I am not mistaken, the trade exception is only good to bargain with if a team wants to dump salary? Houston has two spots to fill right now. They got Ariza, if it were me I would use Battier to trade for a center or a SG, or keep him for depth. To dump salary and get nothing in return on an injury riddled team would do no good for them IMO.

Why does everybody keep Moving Vince to the 2guard spot, he is going to play Small forward. and Battier will stay in Houston and Play the 2 guard spot, why would they give him to us???

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

Why does everybody keep Moving Vince to the 2guard spot, he is going to play Small forward. and Battier will stay in Houston and Play the 2 guard spot, why would they give him to us???

Because nobody wants him to play the 3. We have never had a guy like him at the 2 with Dwight, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

Because nobody wants him to play the 3. We have never had a guy like him at the 2 with Dwight, etc.

Well the only way I could have seen this happening is if we landed rasheed Wallace, even then I don't think Wallace will be able to play big minutes with his knees and VC would get most minutes at the 3.

with the way the game is played today it is not really a big deal, SF, SG same thing. The question is who you match up with on Defense.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

I say Okur is the best option. He would fit our system and he can rebound pretty good.

Okur is a great player, but I'm not sure he would fit here. He's extremely slow, extremely slow, and he'd need to play center for us or he'd get burned all day long on defense.

On offense he'd be fine to shoot 3s or get in there and board with Dwight, but I just don't see it working on defense, and I think Okur is a starter and he'd be miserable getting bench minutes behind Howard. I won't complain if we bring him in though, he can play and I'm sure we could make it work somehown.

Otis wouldnt just throw get a trade exception for no reason, obvjously he has some plan, the question is simply what is his plan.

Okay I see the future this is what we are going to use the TE on. We are going to resign Gortat and some scrubs. Then mid year we will trade Gortat, Peaches, JJ and the trade exception to Cleveland for Lebron James. Yep I see it...its the future!!!!

Man I love LSD!!!!

I just went on NBA Live 09 and I traded Peaches for Kevin Durant. So I think that would be a good trade for us, and I think Otis needs to jump on it. If a trade works in NBA Live, it will work in real life. Because if its in the game....ITS IN THE GAME! EA SPORTS!!

My guess is that we split the MLE between Bass and Barnes, add Ratliff for the minimum, and add Hendrix and Powell for summer league. Gortat walks, then we use part of the TE for a backup Point.

quote:
My guess is that we split the MLE between Bass and Barnes, add Ratliff for the minimum, and add Hendrix and Powell for summer league.

Add in PG Russell Robinson an Powell/Richardson we got us nice Bench

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

I just went on NBA Live 09 and I traded Peaches for Kevin Durant. So I think that would be a good trade for us, and I think Otis needs to jump on it. If a trade works in NBA Live, it will work in real life. Because if its in the game....ITS IN THE GAME! EA SPORTS!!

lol