Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Possible Players To Use The Trade Exception On.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan125:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

The Bulls just drafted James Johnson and Taj Gibson, two 3/4 tweeners.

What if Tyrus Thomas became available?

With his salary only currently being half of the TPE, wouldn't you rather get more monetary value out of the $10M. I kind of like the idea of bringing in Hinrich, but I'm worried he would be getting paid too much to be a backup to Meerkat, who's already our allstar, starting PG. Orlando simply wouldn't be able to offer Hinrich enough TP.

That all depends how far into the tax we want to go........remember, 4m=8m into the tax, 10m=20m into the tax

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

Battier - Makes under $7 million and Houston promise Ariza the starting SF position. Plus that will free them up to be a bigger player in the free agents of 2010

Golden State - Rumored to want to shed salaries of Magetter or Stephen Jackson. But both players have horrible contracts.

Clippers - They want to get rid of Camby who has one year left on his deal.

Miami - Haslem will get very little PT, but no way they trade with Orlando.

Minnesota - Could trade for Etan Thomas as a one year rental.

Memphis - Could make a play for free agent Hakim Warrick.

Jersey - We could always trade back for Tony Battie. (now that would be wierd)

New York - We could make a play for David Lee.

Seattle - This one I like the best. We could make a trade for Collison.

Portland - Hard to tell what they would be willing to part with if once they sign their free agent target. If it is Milsap where will he play?

Phoenix - We could see if they would be willing to part with Barbosa. Doubtful though.

Sacramento - Could make a play for Garcia or Nocioni

Utah - We could make a trade for Okur as a one year rental. Kover would work too. But sorry Boozer makes too much for the TPE.

I wouldn't waste it on marginal talent, with the current economy teams will give away talent for money.

If we could use this to somehow parlay Lamar Odom THAT is the ideal situation.

if not Battier for sure is a guy you look at, i'd be looking to raid teams preparing for 2010

Otis can play hardball with David Lee now. Portland doesn't want him, Memphis doesn't want him, Toronto just used all their cap room, and the Knicks don't really want him back screwing up their cap for next year. He isn't getting close to 10 Million a year, and there is a legitimate chance that he wont get an offer for more than the MLE from anyone else.

If they can get him for 6.5 - 7 million, the Knicks would be unlikely to match and would be open to a S&T. It wouldn't use the full TE, but after splitting the MLE to fill out the bench we would be plenty into the tax.

David Lee is in a bad spot, this might be his best offer.

quote:

Otis can play hardball with David Lee now. Portland doesn't want him, Memphis doesn't want him, Toronto just used all their cap room, and the Knicks don't really want him back screwing up their cap for next year. He isn't getting close to 10 Million a year, and there is a legitimate chance that he wont get an offer for more than the MLE from anyone else.

If they can get him for 6.5 - 7 million, the Knicks would be unlikely to match and would be open to a S&T. It wouldn't use the full TE, but after splitting the MLE to fill out the bench we would be plenty into the tax.

David Lee is in a bad spot, this might be his best offer.

+1

quote:

quote:

With his salary only currently being half of the TPE, wouldn't you rather get more monetary value out of the $10M. I kind of like the idea of bringing in Hinrich, but I'm worried he would be getting paid too much to be a backup to Meerkat, who's already our allstar, starting PG. Orlando simply wouldn't be able to offer Hinrich enough TP.

If they acquire a 10 million dollar player there is less of a chance they will use the MLE as that would push them further into the tax. If they grab a player between 5-7 million, and split the MLE to fill out the bench, we would have much more depth.

If we get Lee, what happens to Bass? Do we forget about him? I think we can get a solid, slightly younger (24 as opposed to 26) PF in Bass. Bass also comes cheaper, letting us use the MLE for him and a vet min in possibly Ratliff. Then we can save the TPE for a true SF like Tayshaun Prince, Quentin Richardson, or Battier.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

The Bulls have said Thomas wasn't on the market.

Johnson is a 3/4 tweener, but I wouldn't call Gibson a tweener.

True, but he is 6'9 and a bit thin which is similar to Thomas. When you factor in Noah that is a lot of raw offense in the frontcourt.

I didn't think it was likely as I have seen that they don't want to move Thomas, but it looks better then most on that list and who knows with Otis.

quote:

If we get Lee, what happens to Bass? Do we forget about him? I think we can get a solid, slightly younger (24 as opposed to 26) PF in Bass. Bass also comes cheaper, letting us use the MLE for him and a vet min in possibly Ratliff. Then we can save the TPE for a true SF like Tayshaun Prince, Quentin Richardson, or Battier.

Lee is slightly bigger and is a superior rebounder and passer. He played a lot of minutes at C in NY.

His knock is defense, but he played next to Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Al Harrington. Imagine him next to Dwight.

What team in the league would outrebound a frontcourt of Dwight Howard and David Lee, with a 6'10 SF and Vince Carter at SG.

Anyone who wouldn't want Shane Battier on this team, for free no less, should be electroshocked for their own good.

And I will never understand the love for David Lee. Well, ok, I understand it. He's white. But seriously, he's a rebounder and that's about it. Basically, everything idiots continue to claim Dwight is, without the defense.

Man I already got my money in hand ready to buy a David Lee Magic jersey, if Otis pulls this off this goes down as a better pick up than VC.

Now my only concern is if Otis does get Lee, what jersey will I wear to the games my JJ or Lee???? Man, what a great prob to have!!!

Since we can use this money for a TRADE, let's think outside the box.

What about Ronny Turiaf? He's got a very inexpensive contract, 4 yrs @ 17 mil. Slightly over 4 mil a year. He's 6-10 and 250lbs. Plus it appears that he's a good character and would mesh well with our guys here in terms of chemistry.

If there was someone else we liked from Golden State, maybe we could include them to round out the entire TE. Maybe Azubuiki?