Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Report: Turk dealt to TOR for TPE. Page 17.

re: Orlando being involved in the deal possibly

posted By Bill Ingram, 8 July 2009 10:08:00 PM

quote:
If it were the Magic, we'd know that . . .Steve Kyler is all over Orlando. And yes, Sean, when the conversation gets caught up in NBA.com making a mistake, it's time to redirect the short attention spans.

yup...

whats awesome about the TPE is we can use it to sign players as if we we're under the cap. Right now all we had was the MLE, BIannual, and vetren minimums. Now we can sign bass outright for (lets say 4 million) and send the mavericks a TPE which they would love. and we would still have the MLE to split between 2 players.

I'm worried that even though smith said he could spend as much as he wanted we will probably be in the luxury tax threshold for about 12 mil which really means 24 million to RDV... and thats sucks for him.

I see otis probably holding on to it till the end of the season, but we do need players now!

I'd love to see Otis swoop in and grab ariza outright for 6 mill instead of the MLE and then split the MLE for bass and von wafer we would then have 11 guys under contract and then sign 2 of the summer league players!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

it will NOT be Orlando...

Time for somebody to eat a little crow maybe, lol...

is it that big of a deal to you? i mean really? it has to be...I know I'm not an ultra in the know insider like yourself, unfortunately John Denton never calls me at home, I'm just a regular guy...

yes, I was wrong...

but my stance/understanding was that Orlando was being linked with the possibilities of taking back one of these players mentioned Humphries/Stackhouse/Banks etc. something that I could see Otis having zero interest in for our team/financial state, ergo my aforementioned comment...

if you look back two days ago, in one of these threads, I said that a S&T for Cash/TE would be perfect for us, and Otis would have to do that, but if any players were involved, we simply couldn't do it, unless one of those horrid players was actually something that Otis wanted..

Great news all the way around and I applaud Otis for getting involved here to net the Magic something very valuable for the near future or the future in general.

quote:

quote:

quote:

yes, I was wrong...

I erased the rest of your post...you were actually making fun of Kyler and Bill Ingram of HoopsWorld because they stated if Orlando was involved in anything they would know about it.

Just wanted to put the shoe on the other foot...and you aren't the only one in this thread that has got to eat some crow.

Just teasing you man, don't take it personal...

quote:

quote:

quote:

is it that big of a deal to you? i mean really? it has to be...I know I'm not an ultra in the know insider like yourself, unfortunately John Denton never calls me at home, I'm just a regular guy...

yes, I was wrong...

but my stance/understanding was that Orlando was being linked with the possibilities of taking back one of these players mentioned Humphries/Stackhouse/Banks etc. something that I could see Otis having zero interest in for our team/financial state, ergo my aforementioned comment...

if you look back two days ago, in one of these threads, I said that a S&T for Cash/TE would be perfect for us, and Otis would have to do that, but if any players were involved, we simply couldn't do it, unless one of those horrid players was actually something that Otis wanted..

you have no need to explain yourself, BJ has been wrong many, many times on this board thanks to his sources and has never chosen to eat crow or admit failure-why would you?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

OKC

This.

I'm 100% sure it isn't us, so who cares.

Knock, knock, knock...Hello, is Jareth home?...Can he come out and play??

Don't get your britches in a tizzy, lol...after a statement like this and to see what Otis actually did you know I got to tease you a little...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:

quote:

yes, I was wrong...

you have no need to explain yourself, BJ has been wrong many, many times on this board thanks to his sources and has never chosen to eat crow or admit failure-why would you?

my life isnt one where I feel the need to be right, i personally dont care if I am right or wrong...it's all good...

but BJ get's a little hinky from time to time...especially when one of his sources is actually 1/3 correct about something...

I guess I really just never liked very many teachers growing up...

quote:

quote:

quote:

yes, I was wrong...

SAD