Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Nike hides video evidence of Lebron getting dunked on

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFan7687:

LBJ the posterboy for unsportsmen like conduct... first the 2nd round exit without shaking hands or congratulating the victors, now getting upset about getting dunked on and wanting the tapes taken??? Dwight Howard willingly got dunked on at the last dunk contest, and when beating in the Finals, he and Jameer sat on the court to watch the victory ceremony, LBJ and DH12 worlds apart

I remember reading about a kid that went up to Dwight in the mall or somewhere Dwight was eating and asked if Dwight could sign something. Dwight agreed, and the kid opened up his jacket to reveal his t-shirt that had a picture of Kobe dunkin on Dwight with his nuts all over Dwight's face, and Dwight signed it.

I hate that dunk, but you gotta love Dwight and you've gotta hate Lebron for being such a biotch.

I'm sure everyone will ignore this, but I will go ahead and post it anyway:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/...claim_media_rul.html

quote:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- To read the Internet, it would seem winning the NBA Most Valuable Player Award has dramatically thinned LeBron James' skin. That and one of the world's largest corporations apparently has to flex its muscle to protect a 6-8, 260-pound man.

In the latest James' Web controversy on Wednesday, CBSSports.com reported that Monday night at Nike's LeBron James Skills Academy at the University of Akron, officials confiscated tapes from two videographers after James had been dunked on by a college player during a pickup game.

To make it worse, the report said, James instructed Nike bosses to take the tapes as if he were Don Barzini in the famous wedding scene from "The Godfather."

It's a funny story indeed and instantly spread virally across the web and soon went into the talk-show machine. The problem is, just like earlier this week when James made headlines for something he never said to Trevor Ariza in a phone conversation, it isn't the whole story.

According to Nike and James himself, nothing of the sort happened.

Oh, he certainly got dunked on. Xavier University's Jordan Crawford slammed it right over him and probably experienced quite a surge in Google hits because of it. James has been dunked on many times in his career and it has become the career highlight of several players.

Nike said taking the tapes had nothing to do with the dunk and more to do with a violation of the media procedures of the event. The James Skills Academy brings together the top high school and college players in the country and is open to the media. After those sessions, however, there are often pickup games that James and several of his Cavs teammates take part in. The media is permitted to watch but not permitted to do interviews or film.

"Nike has been operating basketball camps for the benefit of young athletes for decades and has longstanding policies in place regarding what events are open and closed to media coverage," Nike spokesman KeJuan Wilkins said.

"Unfortunately, for the first time in four years, two journalists did not respect our 'no videotaping' policy at an after-hours pick-up game Monday evening following the LeBron James Skills Academy."

According to Nike officials, both journalists understood the mistake and handed over their tapes without making a fuss. Neither cameraman was available for comment Wednesday night.

As for James, there was no shame. He takes pride in getting to know young up-and-coming players and taking them on the floor. James is not in top form. He took a month off following a five-hour surgery to remove a growth from his jaw last month and then spent three weeks taking care of business and getting some vacation time in Washington, New York, the South of France, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

It was the first significant break James has had from basketball since 2005, after playing for Team USA for each of the last three summers.

He only got back into the gym to do serious workouts on Monday, when the event took place. Often in the pickup game he didn't even run the full length of the floor because he didn't have his wind after taking the time off.

Not that he's taking anything away from Crawford, who apparently threw down an impressive jam.

"Jordan Crawford is a great player, LeBron has been dunked on before, it's no big deal," said a source close to James. "It was a pickup game and it happened in competition."

James doesn't mind getting shown up every now and then either, after all last year he lost two games of HORSE to a warehouse worker in California as part of a promotion for Cub Cadet.

Right, which is why the tapes were confiscated only AFTER the dunk took place. I'm sorry, but I have to take the public side for this matter. After all, we Magic fans witnessed something similar when Lee's dunks (both of them) weren't included in the game highlights between Magic/Cavs.

its pathetic, mvp wasn't enough for him, he can't even let some uprising kid have his fifteen minutes to shine, everythings about gotta be to better his self

quote:
Originally posted by Eye B Leave:

I don't know bout y'all, but they wouldn't have took my tapes. Hell to da no!!

Seriously, what kind of retard gives up those tapes without a fight?

after hearing Ryan being interviewed on Myers and Hartman, It's pretty clear that he was videotaping for at least 3 hours before the tape was confiscated which only happened AFTER LeBron was dunked on.

He even said he saw and heard LeBron call Lynn over, they talked for a minute or two, then Lynn came over and booked Ryan.

so idk, take what you want from it.

I am really starting to see that LeBron is a piece of trash. That would have been the kid from Xavier's big moment and LeBron tries to cover it up because he thinks he is god.

Wake up- you are a basketball player. You are not a freggin hero. Get over yourself.