Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

SL Video: RA, J-Rich, SVG + Gortat

quote:
Originally posted by Scartissue:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

thanks for posting these.....I really think if J-RICH works on his game consistently he can be a pretty good player.

yeah this is the first time i really got to see him play besides the few min. he got in the regular season and he looked a lot better than i expected....did he say dwight and vince were at the game???

yea they were both watching them play.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Savage:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by MightyMouse:

It's hard to tell if Gortat wants to stay or go.

Yeah, interesting convo with him...I thought he was insinuating the ball was in Otis's court?...In other words, whatever Otis decides he was cool with it...

I chatted with him aside from the video. He'll be more than happy either way.

Here is my take. He came around to summer league when he did not have to. Kind of like hey guys am I still welcomed, am I coming back. If he did not want to be back he would have not been seen and made it known not to match.

If he is going to be happy either way, match the deal and worst case scenario look to trade him once his BYC is up.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Savage:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

It's hard to tell if Gortat wants to stay or go.

Yeah, interesting convo with him...I thought he was insinuating the ball was in Otis's court?...In other words, whatever Otis decides he was cool with it...

I chatted with him aside from the video. He'll be more than happy either way.

Great news! Everyone kept saying if Otis matches, Gortat would be mad he's not starting. The guy just wants to play ball and get better. He'll get better being thrown into the fire in Dallas or going against the best big man daily in practice. I'm very glad to hear this news and skilled-character guys like that will always have a spot on this team.

Otis, keep this guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

Dan, that is great news. I was worried that if we matched, Gortat would be unhappy with not being able to start here. However, he still couldn't have asked for a much better situation coming from 12 minutes a game and $800k a year. Either way he's going to get a 5X pay raise and some significant minutes for a championship caliber team (although I think we are a LOT closer than Dallas is).

I agree , but I bet he is really salivating over some Jason Kidd passes to him when he is cutting.

I watched this entire game today. I think Otis needs to go out and Get Shaun Livingston. He is good enough to be the back up baller we need, bad knee and all.

quote:

We'll soon find out what tricks if any Otis has up his sleeve. My feeling is that he matches Gortat and signs Bass.

Do the Magic really have enough money to sign Bass and keep Gortat?

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

We'll soon find out what tricks if any Otis has up his sleeve. My feeling is that he matches Gortat and signs Bass.

Do the Magic really have enough money to sign Bass and keep Gortat?

Amway sells a lot of products

4 children were killed during the making of the Gortat video.

I don't know if the Magic can afford to match the offer for Gortat and go after Bass. I can say one thing for certain. If they are able to do both, I will be the happiest guy on the planet.