Sign in to follow this  
numba1rocker

We ripped apart our Roster... and for what....

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

For what???, Ripped apart??? What are you smoking??? we have the BEST starting line up in the NBA now, without question.

Meer

Peitrus

Carter

Lewis

Howard

When FA starts then we will get a bench, they will want to play for the best starting line up in the NBA. they will come.

it can be disputed that we have the best lineup in the nba.

spurs have

parker

ginobili

jefferson

duncan

player to be named

lakers have

fisher

kobe

artest

gasol

bynum

boston has

rondo

ray

pierce

kg

possibly sheed but right now perkins

We're up there. Probably ahead of most of these teams. but i wouldn't flat out say we have the best starters yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

For what???, Ripped apart??? What are you smoking??? we have the BEST starting line up in the NBA now, without question.

Meer

Peitrus

Carter

Lewis

Howard

When FA starts then we will get a bench, they will want to play for the best starting line up in the NBA. they will come.

it can be disputed that we have the best lineup in the nba.

spurs have

parker

ginobili

jefferson

duncan

player to be named

lakers have

fisher

kobe

artest

gasol

bynum

boston has

rondo

ray

pierce

kg

possibly sheed but right now perkins

We're up there. Probably ahead of most of these teams. but i wouldn't flat out say we have the best starters yet.

Except the Lakers which I agree is debatable, you are entering a player to be announced so that dosen't count as a starting line up if there is an absent space.

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

The Spurs are gonna be a force to be reckoned with this year with the addition of Jefferson. He's a stud.

They are getting old. Duncan can't get up and down the floor any more.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

The Spurs are gonna be a force to be reckoned with this year with the addition of Jefferson. He's a stud.

They are getting old. Duncan can't get up and down the floor any more.

True but hes still Tim Duncan lol

Duncan's knees have gone on him, he said he had problems with them last season and he expects to suffer from knee problems for the rest of his career.

If your comparing starting lineups, the Lakers win it hands down with Artest added in there.

But back to the topic at hand and saying Orlando ripped apart their roster, this is something I disagree on based on what I know has happend.

My understanding on what has happened is this.

Orlando made an offer to Hedo that was within their budget and responible for what he brings to the table, Hedo turned it down and wanted to test his value in the free agent market.

Orlando didn't want to run the risk of losing out on him so they made a move to bring someone in that can do his job and maybe even be better for the team. It's basically what the Lakers did to Ariza, they made him an offer, his agent called their bluff and they made a move and brought in Artest. Orlando made an offer to Hedo, he didn't accept it and wanted to test his value, Orlando didn't want to wait for this and made a move to make sure they have someone that can handle the ball in the forth.

With this move, the Magic had to give up some players to match salaries to make the trade. Therefore, I think the reason the roster is different is because of Hedo, they tried to retain him but he wasn't interested and has gone to Canada and that is the reason Orlando ripped their roster apart. Not that they wanted to but because their main playmaker was going to get paid by another team and that team overpaid for him and the Magic were right to make the VC move.

Pathetic right. Lets see.

Aj 5ppg

Redick 6ppg

Pietrus 9ppg

Anderson 7ppg

I dont know why you put Foyle in there.

Thats 27ppg from them 4 players who played limited minutes. Thats ok. Could be better but still were not done adding on depth. And if you cant see why we got Vince Carter than your crazy.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

Ripping apart our roster would be to get rid of Shard, Nelson and Howard...which was our top 3 scorers before Nelson got hurt. Few people care to remember prior to Nelson getting hurt Hedo was having a horrible year and was 4th on the team in scoring. Once we had to rely on him as a point forward when Nelson went down his stats improved.

We traded Battie, who was never used and Alston who would have caused problems for Carter. That is a really good trade.

BUT since we were trading for Carter there was no way we could keep Lee because he needed the minutes. Carter is going to take up 3/4 of the minutes.

So we trade Lee for a big man in Anderson. They broke the cardinal rule in a trade. You never trade a young big for a young small. Anderson has just as much upside as Lee if not more.

As far as Hedo goes, there is no way you want to strap yourself to a 5 year deal that will escalate toward the end. In year 5 is when we need to get a young guy to put around Howard because we will have no one else under contract, say a Josh Smith or Andre Igoudala. Making the trade for Carter was a very smart move.

As far as Gortat is concerned you cannot control what others offer him. It is up to Otis to decide if Gortat is worth it or not. Then using the MLE to go out and get more talent is the next step to take.

I see nothing that is not unusual given our trade of expiring contracts for a star and having to deal with players that are free agents.

+1 Assuming you meant Rafer causing problems for Jameer. I think we need to deal with Dallas; say Ryan Hollins, and the rights to Nick Calathes in exchange for Gortat in a sign and trade. Gets us another young big for backup C, another potential backup PG without a guarantee, and leaves us up to the full MLE to sign Bass.

Jameer/AJ/Calathes or Pargo?

VC/Pietrus/Reddick

Shard/Pietrus/Richardson

Bass/Anderson/Shard

Dwight/Hollins/Foyle

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

at least these topics would be better if it weren't the same 3 or 4 people posting them. It gets annoying. This guy didnt know anything in the chat last wednesday now he thinks he can diagnose our roster problems...

+1 we should have a minimum post requirement to start threads that will help eliminate trolls bandwagon supporters stroking the players they fully love and the uneducated morons that can figure out what has been said already and what the mods have locked