Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

Denton on ESPN at 5pm

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Unless we are going to start Gortat next year paying him that much money does not make sense. Considering we have Anderson at the PF and Gortat would be backing Dwight up for a whopping 10 minutes a game again. We need to trade him.

agreed. paying gortat anything more than $5mil when the man only avg'd 12 minutes a game last season is foolish. i don't see him developing a consistent j to make him worth the money at pf. unfortunately we're probably losing gortat and it looks like sheed is going to boston. otis better be talking to people because if not everyone is just slipping away and all we've done so far is add vc. great but we still have no bench

quote:
Originally posted by New Guy:

Denton is crazy if he thinks Orlando could get Bass for $2 million.

Absolute, Ridiculous to contact Sheed , Bass for a split MLE !!!

quote:
Originally posted by zerp:

quote:
Originally posted by New Guy:

Denton is crazy if he thinks Orlando could get Bass for $2 million.

Absolute, Ridiculous to contact Sheed , Bass for a split MLE !!!

too bad his camp is asking for the Full MLE. and has already been contacted by the Hornets willing to do so and the Spurs. $2 million wouldnt get it done at all.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

I hope it's just sign-and-trade leverage. A sign-and-trade for Gortat and the full MLE to Sheed/Bass/McDyess makes so much sense. Gortat's offense at the 4 was equivalent to Tony Battie's defense and rebounding.

Gortat can still develop at the 4. We forget where Gortat was just months ago. He's come a long way..

That said, we have to keep Gortat even if that means losing out on any of the 3 players mentioned. I don't see how some of you can think that losing out on Sheed/McDyess is somehow worse than losing a legitimate 7-footer. Bass, OK, I might be willing to understand the thinking there but I'd still prefer keeping Gortat under most circumstances.

Simple. Gortat plays 15mpg in a blowout and 6mpg in a tightly contested playoff game. You don't pay 5.5 million dollars a year in a financially strapped situation to someone who doesn't play a lot of minutes. A 2 year mid-level to Sheed or McDyess would give us 22 million dollars in expirings, and would by playing 25-30mpg would be a better use of our finances. In 2 years, and with multiple draft picks we can address our need for young frontcourt depth and a backup point.

Yeah exactly, Gortat in games that mattered averaged 6 minutes or less a game. Using the MLE on him makes no sense unless we trade him after signing him. he will not be the starter and we just got a young backup pf in a trade. Dice is the ideal guy, Bass will be to expensive. Gortat is a good center but we have a better one. I don't think we match unless it is a S&T.

WILBON HAS SUN SPORTS AND FSN FLORIDA FAVORITE ON HIS TV. I FORGET HE WATCHES ALL THE MAGIC GAMES ALL YEAR. I'M SURE BEN GORDON AND CHARLIE V WILL CATAPULT THAT TEAM TO HEIGHTS UNIMAGINABLE. YOU SEE WHAT THEY DID FOR THEIR FORMER TEAMS RIGHT?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

WILBON HAS SUN SPORTS AND FSN FLORIDA FAVORITE ON HIS TV. I FORGET HE WATCHES ALL THE MAGIC GAMES ALL YEAR. I'M SURE BEN GORDON AND CHARLIE V WILL CATAPULT THAT TEAM TO HEIGHTS UNIMAGINABLE. YOU SEE WHAT THEY DID FOR THEIR FORMER TEAMS RIGHT?

I think Detoit will be better but not better than us. But certainly better than Miami at the 5 seed or probably Atlanta at the 4th seed. Now their is a rumor that Dumars is not done and is about to get Chandler from NOR. If this is true that team gets scarier.

quote:

wilbon just says things for fun, theres no way he really thinks that detriot is gonna be better than us next year, he would have to be half retarded, is he?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

He says our salary will be north of 80 mil.

With who? Wouldn't resigning Gortat only put is slightly at 70 or so?

we're at $68mil right now. where is the other $12mil in salaries coming from? doesn't seem like the front office is in talks with anyone right now.

You have to remember that once we go into the lux tax it's a dollar for dollar penalty. The lux tax according to Denton is going to be at 69 mill so any mill over that becomes 2 mill on our payroll.

Did Wilbon seriously say Det over us?? Charlie V and Gordan with Dyess and Sheed both possibly out the door?

Interesting that Denton was saying that Otis wants to keep Gortat and will match to do so. I thought it would be to force a sign and trade but from what John was saying they are thinking he can work on the jumper enough to play him at the 4. I like the fact that they aren't going to piss away a young big again but I wonder if that will work.

I for one never did see a problem with playing Marcin at the 4! I hear people say it did not work for this observation or that, but no one ever mention what if that twin tower approach was developed....really developed, with this Anderson Kid backing up both the 4&5 with 3 pt abilities......Now we are cooking with grease man!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

I for one never did see a problem with playing Marcin at the 4! I hear people say it did not work for this observation or that, but no one ever mention what if that twin tower approach was developed....really developed, with this Anderson Kid backing up both the 4&5 with 3 pt abilities......Now we are cooking with grease man!!!!

The key is that we would be able to play multiple styles. If we have to play Boston we can go big, if we have to play Cle we can go small, it's what we've been missing.