Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Hedo at $50 million or Rashard at $118 million, which is the better contract?

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

well lewis cant really post up anymore now that he plays pf.

to answer the question prob hedo for 50, but he is 30 and lewis was 26 at time of his contract

Lewis and Turkoglu is the same age

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

well lewis cant really post up anymore now that he plays pf.

to answer the question prob hedo for 50, but he is 30 and lewis was 26 at time of his contract

lewis was actually 28, not 26, when we signed him, and he had played more games than most 28 years old due to coming out of highschool straight to pros

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

You must also take into consideration how hedo's 10mil per year contract will hinder Pritchard's ability to retain both Roy & Aldridge next year when they are both restricted free agents.

Thus far, Pritchard has looked like a genius with all the moves he's made because draft day trades have been flawless. But he has also been operating the team with (2) near all-star players being paid on the rookie scale.

Let's see what Pritchard does next year when he is faced with Salary Cap and Luxury Tax concerns like most other GMs.

Paul Allen is their owner, - the Paul Allen

If you are in a position to make The Title and If you are still under the Cap;

Answer is : Both are cheap

Hedo gone. Shard is a great guy. So, who cares.

Guys, how about looking at this angle. Hedo signed with Magic for a decent MLE 5 years ago. but I think he was underpaid last two season based on his production. The fact is there are a lot of player that are grossly overpaid. Wouldn't you try to get the best deal out there. you cant entirely blame Hedo for asking 50 mil even though it is a terrible market out there.

After all, Sheed is making 2.5 times more than Hedo with a slightly better production. I think my point is I cant blame Magic not wanting to sign Hedo for less and cant blame Hedo for asking more since he deserves it.

So we stop the blame war (Turk haters and lovers). and personal attack to each other

Orlando I believe. While Turkoglu can create nightmare for opponents it won't be the same for him in another team. What made him so special was the fact that our team had 'Shard and Dwight along with him, all over 6'10... No one could stop us (as we showed by making it to the Finals)

If he does indeed sign with Portland he will not be the same player he was here in Orlando, book it.

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

You must also take into consideration how hedo's 10mil per year contract will hinder Pritchard's ability to retain both Roy & Aldridge next year when they are both restricted free agents.

Thus far, Pritchard has looked like a genius with all the moves he's made because draft day trades have been flawless. But he has also been operating the team with (2) near all-star players being paid on the rookie scale.

Let's see what Pritchard does next year when he is faced with Salary Cap and Luxury Tax concerns like most other GMs.

Paul Allen is their owner, - the Paul Allen

That makes sense as an argument. I mean, why wouldn't a financial genius want to pump millions of dollars into a losing franchise for seemingly no reason?

I really love that the argument has become that Paul Allen will pay 150m a season for this team, so they'll retain everyone no problem.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Neither, but I'd rather have Shard.

at double the price though?

Shard is the better player, we overpaid.. we all know that BUT they are 2 completely different markets economy wise.

Hedo has had just 2 all-star worthy seasons in his career and our system brings the best out of him, we never know which Turk will turn up but you can guarantee Shard will always play well, he was our post-season MVP IMO.

What make you think Portland didnt see how we used him and might use him the same way. If they saw what worked for us then it should work for them as well. So he will be part time Point Forward there as well. Their scorers are Roy and Aldridge. Turk would fit right in giving them scoring and playmaking. Turk just has more to offer than Lewis does. Just hopefully they can resign Roy and Aldridge. Or with VC contract coming to the end, maybe we can sign Roy instead.

He's gone not due to Shard salary, he is gone with VC trade. Before VC trade, Orlando had a chance to keep him, but they go with the super-star. At the end, I believe Otis is still happy, Hedo will be happy in Portland.

quote:

quote:

Hedo gone. Shard is a great guy. So, who cares.

perhaps one might care because Hedo is gone due to the Shard salary?