Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic may not afford Big Man(Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Junkie.

You're Debbie Downer, for real. I'm just sayin'.

It's Denton's article, Sky...not mine...I'm just going by what I read...and I don't like it...at all...I, for once hope Deton is wrong about things...

you should be banned for overellipsing

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by New Guy:

I wouldnt say Ryan Anderson is quite the PF the team has always been looking for. Everyone on here is always clamoring for a true PF and that is what the team is actually looking for now. Anderson isnt a scrub but, he plays more like a big SF, ala Garrity or Troy Murphy. He'll be a decent role player this year and maybe a decent starter one day but, I wouldnt get that excited about him. He was a nice addition at least, I'll put it that way.

If he turns out to be anything like Murphy, then we got a steal. The kid average close to 8 points and 5 rebounds a game, while only playing 21 minutes per game. That's pretty good numbers for a rookie.

I wouldnt disagree but, I'm not too sure he'd ever live up to that. Again, a nice addition but, he sure has a lot of work to do. He shot every chance he got last year. Not a great percentage either. Lets just hope he's not just another Brian Cook, who does have a similar skill set to, actually. I think he'll end up being decent, myself. But while he plays like Murphy at times, I dont think he'll ever be as good as him.

quote:

Junkie.

Look, no one knows how far into the luxury tax the Magic brass are willing to go. Heck, the actually cap ITSELF for next year hasn't even been set yet. Free Agency hasn't even actually started yet...

It's far too early to panic, people.

I'm not panicking....yet. Just a little worried, this is my nightmare for FA.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Junkie.

Look, no one knows how far into the luxury tax the Magic brass are willing to go. Heck, the actually cap ITSELF for next year hasn't even been set yet. Free Agency hasn't even actually started yet...

It's far too early to panic, people.

I have never seen so many people willing to jump off that bridge over rumor and .........

listen to Sky folks he is right you know.

Denton is the sports writer that always has the closest beat of the Magic. I don't doubt his information.

And the Magic historically never get that perfect PF even when it's clear that they need to (other then HoGo). It's not hard to feel deja vu in a situation like this.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

u guys r makin me panic. Im so confused right now. But i think everyones overreacting.

Otis Smith isnt a dumbass who will leave us with just Dwight Foyl and Anderson as our bigs. Obvoiusly he has a plan of what to do, he is a fricken GM.

in 8 days itl all be right.

We'd obviously add bigs regardless but, instead of names like Bass or Wallace. You may see names like Frye, Gooden, Hunter, Rasho, Jones, Singelton, May, Hollins, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I don't want to split the MLE. I want a PF who can start for us. Quality is better than quantity.

Word

quote:

quote:

u guys r makin me panic. Im so confused right now. But i think everyones overreacting.

Otis Smith isnt a dumbass who will leave us with just Dwight Foyl and Anderson as our bigs. Obvoiusly he has a plan of what to do, he is a fricken GM.

We'd obviously add bigs regardless but, instead of names like Bass or Wallace. You may see names like Frye, Gooden, Hunter, Rasho, Jones, Singelton, May, Hollins, etc.

I'd rather not waste my time with any of those players.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

quote:

I'd rather not waste my time with any of those players.

lol. Neither would I but, that's what is to be expected if you split the MLE.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

best idea we've come up with on the chat. split MLE with Ike Diogu and rodney carney

and further evidence for my push for ike Diogu:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/bo...gPaB4?gid=2009041307

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/bo...gPaB4?gid=2009041516

back to back games