Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Turk FA Update: Turk agrees to terms with Toronto (yes, Raptors, not Portland)

quote:
Originally posted by ClubMed:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

Was his grand plan to buy the country of Turkey with that money? ****!

You cant even buy a seafront property by the bosphorous with that kind of money hillbilly.

Now if I were to make a camel joke you would go through the roof. Yet you have no problem calling someone a hillbilly. Is it easy being that big of a hypocrite? I'm just curious because I've seen several long posts from you with you calling for everyone to get along. That's not easy when you are just as guilty for the flaming.

BTW, the "buying Turkey" comment was ignorant but I don't think it was meant as a insult to the country itself. I think he was just in shock about the size of Portland's offer.

I have seen a camel, yes, I have seen one in Egypt.

Turkey is not a camel country.

I urge you to get in touch with your travel agent and book a flight to Turkey and have yourself the time of your life.

This is not an Arabic country.

As far as money is concerned, soccer players make in average 3 million Euros a year in Turkey. So 10 million declining dollars is not such a big deal, considering the market Hedo is creating for his new team.

I've been to Turkey on a couple of occasions. Its a beautiful country.

I would like to thank you for proving my point. You immediately took offense to the idea of me "cracking a camel joke" even though I didn't tell one. Why? Because it would have been a ignorant thing to say. Likewise, not everyone in the states is a hillbilly. That is why you are being hypocritical. You can't accuse someone of ignorance and racism when you are just as willing to throw out the slurs as they are. There is no justifying it by claiming they "started it".

I have not surprised, even I was expecting more 12 mil/year, but hedo is unlucky, there is not enough money out there this summer... So far he got what he has been looking for, and Detroit missed Boozer, and guess who would be their target? At the end, he can get more than 10 mil, and I am writing this cuz don't be surprized when he get it... do

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nitruks:

quote:

I think he was just in shock about the size of Portland's offer.

how could he be in shock while his agent had said what he wants is a 50 mil/5 year contract about 10 days ago? that is what he was expecting..

Well I'm speculating...maybe he wasn't shocked. I know I was pretty surprised. Just because a player is expecting that kind of money doesn't mean he is going to get it. I expected Turk would end of settling for a offer similar, but probably a little bit more, than what the Magic offered him.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You cant even buy a seafront property by the bosphorous with that kind of money hillbilly.

Now if I were to make a camel joke you would go through the roof. Yet you have no problem calling someone a hillbilly. Is it easy being that big of a hypocrite? I'm just curious because I've seen several long posts from you with you calling for everyone to get along. That's not easy when you are just as guilty for the flaming.

BTW, the "buying Turkey" comment was ignorant but I don't think it was meant as a insult to the country itself. I think he was just in shock about the size of Portland's offer.

I urge you to get in touch with your travel agent and book a flight to Turkey and have yourself the time of your life.

As far as money is concerned, soccer players make in average 3 million Euros a year in Turkey. So 10 million declining dollars is not such a big deal, considering the market Hedo is creating for his new team.

I would like to thank you for proving my point. You immediately took offense to the idea of me "cracking a camel joke" even though I didn't tell one. Why? Because it would have been a ignorant thing to say. Likewise, not everyone in the states is a hillbilly. That is why you are being hypocritical. You can't accuse someone of ignorance and racism when you are just as willing to throw out the slurs as they are. There is no justifying it by claiming they "started it".

I have lived ther half of my life.

I have a house there.

I know what it is like.

I ve seen some hillbillies in my time, and comments like that surely must belong to one of those.

quote:
I have not surprised, even I was expecting more 12 mil/year, but hedo is unlucky, there is not enough money out there this summer... So far he got what he has been looking for, and Detroit missed Boozer, and guess who would be their target? At the end, he can get more than 10 mil, and I am writing this cuz don't be surprized when he get it... do

If he does, I'm happy for him. I have no issue with Turk getting a big pay day. Congrats Turk, I hope you buy the most expensive cheeseburger that Portland has to offer to celebrate.

I just didn't want the Magic to be straddled with that kind of longterm contract.

quote:

quote:

If he does, I'm happy for him. I have no issue with Turk getting a big pay day. Congrats Turk, I hope you buy the most expensive cheeseburger that Portland has to offer to celebrate.

I just didn't want the Magic to be straddled with that kind of longterm contract.

Two stars of the team Rashard and Dwight and moreover SVG himself dont agree with you.

You must know something which they dont.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have a house there.

I know what it is like.

I ve seen some hillbillies in my time, and comments like that surely must belong to one of those.

I'll play along. Lets assume he is a hillbilly. Lets say you have magical powers and are able to guess someone's ethnic background simply by reading what they typed. Well guess what? All the rest of the posters here see is you lashing out at another poster. That makes them angry and want to lash back out at you. Then you get offended and lash back out. Again and again and.....

Its a vicious cycle and you are just as responsible for it. If it weren't for the fact that I have read several lengthy posts from you where you essentially said "Can't we all just get along" I might let it slide. Its just so funny to me that you take the time to type your mini-MLK speech in one thread and then try to justify using insulting terms in this one.

I do like the "I can just tell" defense. I may have to use that one.

quote:

I have a house there.

I know what it is like.

Holy christ.

ANECDOTAL RACISM IS STILL RACISM! ANECDOTAL RACISM IS STILL RACISM! ANECDOTAL RACISM IS STILL RACISM. FULL ****ING STOP.

everywhere i look i find that portland has only 8 mil of cap space..... so can someone please answer how a team with only 8 mil can offer 10... sign and trade still the only way this can happen?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Two stars of the team Rashard and Dwight and moreover SVG himself dont agree with you.

You must know something which they dont.

Apparently Otis knows it to. He hasn't exactly jumped up to match the Portland offer.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

everywhere i look i find that portland has only 8 mil of cap space..... so can someone please answer how a team with only 8 mil can offer 10... sign and trade still the only way this can happen?

I believe the rumor is that they are renouncing the rights to two of their former first round picks that are in Europe so that would free up the other 2 million.

I'm not too surprised Portland made this move, although it is a bad one for them. Roy is a good player, about to be a great player, and he is demanding more touches and taking more shot attempts every year. Aldridge is a nice presence in the post who also gets a lot of touches and will take his fair amount of shots. Is Hedo okay with being the 3rd or 4th option on the team? I don't see Portland asking Hedo to handle the ball so much like he did in Orlando.

I think they're making a big mistake giving him the length of contract they did. Five years, are you kidding me? I'm glad Orlando decided to move on, I would have been outraged at giving him anything close to that.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

I have a house there.

I know what it is like.

Holy christ.

ANECDOTAL RACISM IS STILL RACISM! ANECDOTAL RACISM IS STILL RACISM! ANECDOTAL RACISM IS STILL RACISM. FULL ****ING STOP.

Calling somebody hillbilly is not racism.

Defaming a nation is. Which you do that too often DOMalan.