Sign in to follow this  
crazyorlandofan

VC trade is a step back for us you watch

quote:
Originally posted by crazyorlandofan:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
He was one of the reason the Cavs had such a hard time with us and caused matchup problems with him and Lewis on the floor. VC is much shorter than Turk and I believe the Cavs will have a much easier time guarding him and now we won't have Turk to cause havok for the matchup problems they had.

I want someone to explain to me how Turk's size causes mismatch problems. He has no back to the basket game. He plays the same way on the perimeter no matter who is guarding him.

Seriously, I'm all ears.

He is 6' 10" and Lewis is too and their height made them hard to guard for other teams. Cleveland's guards are smaller so they had a hard time, now Delonte West can guard VC easier because he is only 6' 6".

You didn't answer it at all. Hedo plays no differently if he were guarded by a 6'0 player or another 6'10 player. He never took advantage of his height, never backed people down. The only positive from Hedo's height was he could shoot over people, but it's not like Carter can't shoot over anyone.

quote:
Originally posted by crazyorlandofan:

quote:

quote:
He was one of the reason the Cavs had such a hard time with us and caused matchup problems with him and Lewis on the floor. VC is much shorter than Turk and I believe the Cavs will have a much easier time guarding him and now we won't have Turk to cause havok for the matchup problems they had.

I want someone to explain to me how Turk's size causes mismatch problems. He has no back to the basket game. He plays the same way on the perimeter no matter who is guarding him.

Seriously, I'm all ears.

He is 6' 10" and Lewis is too and their height made them hard to guard for other teams. Cleveland's guards are smaller so they had a hard time, now Delonte West can guard VC easier because he is only 6' 6".

right, because in that series they guarded pietrus so well.

VC+Anderson > Hedo+Lee

Sorry. Lee was amazing, but RA has the same sort of potential at the 4 spot that Lee had at the 2 spot.

And Vince > Hedo anyday of the week.

Battie doesn't count and Rafer was paid too much for a backup.

Why does this discussion keep coming up? WHY?!

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

to the op, how do u feel about the trade IF we resign Turk and pick up Bass?

in the end, we trade skip, battie, lee for vince, anderson, bass

That would be a great move, the odds of getting Hedo back are slim to none I fear.

quote:

quote:

Seriously, I'm all ears.

Because even though he is a 3 on your team, I would say most teams use their 4 to gaurd him because they aren't quick enough to gaurd Shard. This causes match-up problems b/c you guys are a very good pick and roll team, and our big guys don't have the feet and athleticism to stay with turk and Shard. Forcing them to go under the pick, instead of fighting through it over the top, which creates space to shoot over the top. Something they are both also very good at. IMO, if you get a prototypical PF, who plays with his back to the basket, like Howard does, it will be easier for teams to slide the double over on Howard (because they will both be playing in the paint), and still recover if Howard passes out. With a stretch PF, Like Shard or Turk they play on the perimeter which leaves someone wide open when they double down on Howard. That is also what helps creat ball movement. Another thing you guys were really good at last year.

i also worry about that with the trade, VC can be a black hole when the ball comes to him some times

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

quote:

quote:

Seriously, I'm all ears.

Because even though he is a 3 on your team, I would say most teams use their 4 to gaurd him because they aren't quick enough to gaurd Shard. This causes match-up problems b/c you guys are a very good pick and roll team, and our big guys don't have the feet and athleticism to stay with turk and Shard. Forcing them to go under the pick, instead of fighting through it over the top, which creates space to shoot over the top. Something they are both also very good at. IMO, if you get a prototypical PF, who plays with his back to the basket, like Howard does, it will be easier for teams to slide the double over on Howard (because they will both be playing in the paint), and still recover if Howard passes out. With a stretch PF, Like Shard or Turk they play on the perimeter which leaves someone wide open when they double down on Howard. That is also what helps creat ball movement. Another thing you guys were really good at last year.

i also worry about that with the trade, VC can be a black hole when the ball comes to him some times

when was the last time a 4 guarded hedo?

OK, this whole line of reasoning is really dumb. Cleveland purposely stuck West (instead of Lebron) on Hedo because Hedo has no post game and doesn't use his size to his advantage. Turk shot 39% for the series, and did most of his damage on the pick and roll, needing the pick to gain separation for West. Then Cleveland stuck Lebron on Alston, so Lebron could roam as a help defender and give Rafer the open shot.

Well, now they have to stick Mo Williams on Nelson (good luck), West on Carter (Carter will still get the step on pick and rolls), and Lebron on Rashard. Lebron on Rashard is scary at first, but Lebron will HAVE to stay at home and that takes away their best help defender and ONLY shot blocker. If we get Wallace, he will cream Joe Smith/Varejao/Villanueva in the post and still stretch the floor when Dwight has the ball. Dwight will face up Shaq and use his quickness to get around him.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

Delonte West is gonna guard Vince Carter?

At worst, it is a lateral move short term that is better for the long term. They avoid giving a 30 year old player a 5 year deal which would allowed no cap flexibility while the rest of the league changed their rosters to matchup with them.

well, he will gaurd him better than he gaurded Turk.

I agree with the short term thing. Just like what we(Cavs) are doing with Shaq.

you would think that. 6 years ago, this would be huge, but Shaq now has declined alot. But if Varejao does leave, i guess Cleveland needs someone else to play the "Flopper" position

No because according to SVG, we got Shaq for that.lol The only way we keep Andy is if his greedy Agent (HWNSNBU) decides to let Andy make the decisions for a once. I hope he takes the player option for one more year. That will give us more cap flexibilty next year also.

Other teams hate Andy,They call him a flopper and all that crap, there is obviously a reason.

I dont care if he flops 50 times a game if he gets the calls.

ok, here's the picture of the year IMO

anyone can flop 50 times a game which is what bothers me, it shows no legit talent at all. like in the ECF when he got elbowed by the wind

allen-varejao.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomagicin09:

the guy that made this topic is obviously not a magic fan....

Why?? Because I question our organization's decision and don't think it will play out??? You sir must not be a magic fan for not even being a slight bit concerned about this trade.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

OK, this whole line of reasoning is really dumb. Cleveland purposely stuck West (instead of Lebron) on Hedo because Hedo has no post game and doesn't use his size to his advantage. Turk shot 39% for the series, and did most of his damage on the pick and roll, needing the pick to gain separation for West. Then Cleveland stuck Lebron on Alston, so Lebron could roam as a help defender and give Rafer the open shot.

Well, now they have to stick Mo Williams on Nelson (good luck), West on Carter (Carter will still get the step on pick and rolls), and Lebron on Rashard. Lebron on Rashard is scary at first, but Lebron will HAVE to stay at home and that takes away their best help defender and ONLY shot blocker. If we get Wallace, he will cream Joe Smith/Varejao/Villanueva in the post and still stretch the floor when Dwight has the ball. Dwight will face up Shaq and use his quickness to get around him.

+1

Even if we don't get Wallace, LeBron would have to stay at home on Pietrus and Shard can still draw the PF out. If we get Bass or McDyess, I still like the way we match up, since they both have a decent mid-range game.