Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Rockets could be a player for Gortat?

quote:
The Houston Rockets could be a player for Gortat. Their all-star center, Yao Ming, is expected to miss this coming season because of a nagging foot injury.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...un30,0,3159313.story

Hopefully, their interested in doing a sign-and-trade, sending us Carl Landry and Jermaine Taylor or the rights to Sergio Llull.

Then, we could split the MLE on Wallace and a backup PG or SF.

Howard/Wallace

Lewis/Landry/Anderson/Hendrix

Pietrus/Matt Barnes

Carter/Redick/Taylor or Llull

Nelson/Johnson/Ronnie Price

quote:
The Houston Rockets could be a player for Gortat. Their all-star center, Yao Ming, is expected to miss this coming season because of a nagging foot injury.

Hopefully, their interested in doing a sign-and-trade, sending us Carl Landry and Jermaine Taylor or the rights to Sergio Llull.

Howard/Wallace

Lewis/Landry/Anderson/Hendrix

Pietrus/Matt Barnes

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

Howard/Wallace

Lewis/Landry/Hendrix

Pietrus/Matt Barnes

i expected houston to offer the full MLE for Gortat. We should be able to get more for gortat than landry and a local boy.

quote:

quote:

Howard/Wallace

Lewis/Landry/Hendrix

Pietrus/Matt Barnes

lol, what's real funny is I brought this exact scenario up last night, minus Taylor...and I just mentioned it in the Ron-Ron thread...I'm totally down...Gortat for Landry makes sense really...we're on the same page here Truth...

quote:

quote:

Hopefully, their interested in doing a sign-and-trade, sending us Carl Landry

no way .. thr rpckets want to trade carl ..

he's way better than gortat ..

landry is not better than gortat. houston actually called plays for the undersized center/pf and he still only was a 9 pts/5 rebs per game guy. gortat will average double doubles as a starter...not even close. i do like landry's 81% ft's though.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

landry is not better than gortat. houston actually called plays for the undersized center/pf and he still only was a 9 pts/5 rebs per game guy. gortat will average double doubles as a starter...not even close. i do like landry's 81% ft's though.

that pretty good for a guy who plays 20 minutes a game.

9/5 for a guy playing 21mpg is pretty solid...a FG% of 57% is also very nice...plus, you have to love a guy that gets shot in the leg mid season and comes back 2 weeks later...I will admit his injuries are worrisome and his rebounding clip could be better...

I am definetly a Carl Landry fan. He's tough and plays with great energy. It interesting however that Ryan Anderson basically had the same averages in his rookie season. We may be overlooking the contribution he can make next year.

As soon as the news broke that Yao is out for the season, I immediately thought that Gortat was as good as gone to the Rockets.

They'll offer him the full MLE, and likely not consider a sign and trade that would further dilute their roster. Their are just too many good big men available this year. Granted, none of the other free agents bigs have the kind of upside Gortat does, but if I'm a GM and I'm faced with offering the MLE to Rasheed, McDyess, Zaza, etc, or trading away one/two of my existing assets to get Gortat, I sign one of the other guys outright.

We'll see.