Sign in to follow this  
numba1rocker

Are the Magic making too many moves

It all comes down to Hedo wanting a 5 year contract. Everything thats happened is because of that. The guys almost 30 years old and expects a 5 year contract? Hes the one that put us in a bad spot and thats why all of the changes. I'm a huhe Hedo fan but now I'm pissed at him because he wanted too much and was unreasonable. The 9 mill 4 year should have been plenty for his services.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Lee - We gave up a stud rookie SG for a stud rookie PF.

Stud PF? Perhaps he should crack 40% shooting before we get carried away.

he shot 39%..wow 1% doesnt satisfy you. 7.4 ppg and 4.7 rpg doesnt even qualify being a stud for your rookie season? hmmm...i must be getting carried away...my bad

if you look at all the trades and the line ups from last year what have we really lost. the only thing i think we lost is Gortat. hear me out

we had alston just because jameer was hurt, now jameer is back and has time to get into all star shape again. no lost there we got a better more well rounded guard back with the same back up in johnson

next is battie, seriously what did he do besides make a funny joke or two on the bench, we never saw him in important games, now we have a spot to pick up the same kind of do nothing bench rider or better for less money.

now turk opted out of his contract so we made a move and it was a hell of a move. we have vince carter who imo is a more well rounded player and fits better now that jameer is handling the ball again. turk wanted to long of a contract if he wanted 12 years i would say give it to him but to give him 4 or more years for any money is not smart for the future of the team.

and finally, c lee. great player one of my favs. he will get better, but we got anderson now who we would have picked in the draft if he wasn't picked one spot before lee. he has better all around numbers as lee by a little and he can do just a tad more with the ball imo so in this case we did not gain or lose.

so in closing all we did with all these moves is maybe lose Gortat witch is a big lose to me but he wants to much.

if we pick up sheed or bass there is that prob gone

Alston was the rental I agree with that. We were a badass team before Jameer got hurt. Remember that big road trip sweep that Jameer led?

Unfortunately Battie was a vet and brought leadership. He wasn't on the court much but losing him sucks. I'm glad we got a 12-year veteran in Vince Carter.

on the court, Carter is a talker and motivater, helping to maintain the focus you need to get through tough games. Carter also attended 80 games last season compared to Turk's 77 (ankle sprains). Also, compared to Hedo last season V.Carter had better field goal %, better 3-point %, slightly better Free Throw %, and less turnovers per game. More Power !! (grunts like Tim Allen from ToolTime)

please tell me how? i would like to hear your opinion on this besides everyone saying chemistry? because howard and vc play pick up ball over the summer last 2 years and howard said he would love to have vc as a teammate.

and i am not being a *** i want to know how you think vc will be a huge drop off from hedo

Courtney Lee was going for 20+ in the playoffs while RA was sitting at home.

Courtney Lee shut down Kobe Bryant for a quarter in G3 of the Finals while RA was sitting at home.

Courtney Lee... I think you get the idea.

Anyhow... on topic... once we finish off our starting lineup everything will come into place nicely. We already have a backup PG (AJ), 6th man (Pietrus), and a backup frontcourt player (RA) ready to go.

Besides, we made one move, not multiple moves. Don't sweat it.

i can understand why we made the move but a part of thinks that we reacted too early if new jersey wanted lee that bad they would of waited a few more weeks i think we should of made a stronger play for hedo and used him in a trade option to get a piece that we require.

i just hope im wrong and this has strenghted us

quote:
Originally posted by nobandwagonhere:

if you look at all the trades and the line ups from last year what have we really lost. the only thing i think we lost is Gortat. hear me out

we had alston just because jameer was hurt, now jameer is back and has time to get into all star shape again. no lost there we got a better more well rounded guard back with the same back up in johnson

next is battie, seriously what did he do besides make a funny joke or two on the bench, we never saw him in important games, now we have a spot to pick up the same kind of do nothing bench rider or better for less money.

now turk opted out of his contract so we made a move and it was a hell of a move. we have vince carter who imo is a more well rounded player and fits better now that jameer is handling the ball again. turk wanted to long of a contract if he wanted 12 years i would say give it to him but to give him 4 or more years for any money is not smart for the future of the team.

and finally, c lee. great player one of my favs. he will get better, but we got anderson now who we would have picked in the draft if he wasn't picked one spot before lee. he has better all around numbers as lee by a little and he can do just a tad more with the ball imo so in this case we did not gain or lose.

so in closing all we did with all these moves is maybe lose Gortat witch is a big lose to me but he wants to much.

if we pick up sheed or bass there is that prob gone

CL is a much better young player then Anderson. He is going to be a stud. He shot a nice % and he is a very good defender. If he is good as a rook at d, what will he be in his prime... wow...

But Anderson does help ease the pain of losing a nice young player. But lee is better... Ryan does fit... I do think he will be a nice player and an asset to stretch the court...