Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Changes Coming For the Magic. Brian will work for Magic's Front Office

quote:

While I was doing my exams last week, I received some tips from a few sources that said Brian Hill will not return as head coach next season. Instead, they will try to work out a role in the front office for him. What that role would be is undetermined as this time.

http://magic.realgm.com/articles/46/20070506/changes_coming_for_the_magic/

Take it for what its worth, this is Howard Mass' article. I talked to the guy a lot a while back, and he tipped me the Darko Milicic trade 1 month or 2 before it happened.

quote:

While I was doing my exams last week, I received some tips from a few sources that said Brian Hill will not return as head coach next season. Instead, they will try to work out a role in the front office for him. What that role would be is undetermined as this time.

http://magic.realgm.com/articles/46/20070506/changes_coming_for_the_magic/

Take it for what its worth, this is Howard Mass' article. I talked to the guy a lot a while back, and he tipped me the Darko Milicic trade 1 month or 2 before it happened.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

All I know is everytime the word Brian Hill is used in this article it has the word "IF" attached to it.

Smart reporters will always leave a window of opportunity open just to cover themselves.

Great read though! I can't wait till this is all over though. I feel like it's the trade deadline and all I do all day is live on here refreshing several websites for the latest updates, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

if they can work out a deal to move him to the front office, it would save face for everyone involved.

I see that happening and will be good for us. I like that idea.

I will also like to see grant hill landing a front office position. If he decides to retire.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

All I know is everytime the word Brian Hill is used in this article it has the word "IF" attached to it.

Does anyone really know who this Howard Mass guy is? He never reported anything about the Darko trade before hand. 1 person was reporting that and it was MC at another delphi board. There was a poster on there from Detroit calling him out and RealGM, "including howardmass" was saying MC was full of it. He was right and from that point I never listened to anything Howardmass says.

This guys comes out with an article well after MC, the Sentinel, Florida Today, NY Times and eSPN has reported their version of what they know. This article is filled with IF's that just cover his asss IF he is wrong.

Also this is the same clown that says Fran counts against our cap space and if you read Larry Coon you will see that is wrong.

This is why I do not like the RealGM forums. They are a bunch of back patters and if you do not agree with old HowardMass you might as well be dammed to voice an opinion. But this struck me funny when readin their forums today. Here is what he wrote in response to the Sentinel's piece today.

"My sources indicate to me it's likely that Brian Hill is out as coach but not completely a done deal. "

ROFLOL...Kind of like "My sources said it will rain in Florida today, but there is a chance it won't either."

What an moron.

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

if they can work out a deal to move him to the front office, it would save face for everyone involved.

We agree on this.

quote:
ROFLOL...Kind of like "My sources said it will rain in Florida today, but there is a chance it won't either."

I'm surprised, thats totally a different sense to what Howard wrote, Howard never said that Brian will be fired. He said "My sources indicate to me it's likely that Brian Hill is out as coach but not completely a done deal." Keyword: likely.

I see that you're a MC fan, and both of them claims to have sources. But until then, I wouldn't believe MC is as credible as Howard Mass. RealGM has real insider information. They report trades even before it is announced in the press, not just limiting sources within the Magic organization, but as a whole. I just don't see the point why they'll want to claim something that really won't happen just to disrupt the name they already have.

I have never seen MC report something that will happen after a month, MC reports things just hours before it is published in the press. But Howard Mass did, I think thats what seperates their claimed sources. Maybe MC did it in the past, you probably know a lot, to which I don't, since you seem to be one of the few remaining who's followed him since his days posting at the O-Zone. But until then, I'd like to see MC post something concrete like what Howard does.