Sign in to follow this  
Blackhennie

BASS NEWS and Videos: New Article Braking Bass down by Numbers pg30

quote:
The New Orleans Hornets are one of the teams former LSU forward Brandon Bass is considering in free agency, his agent Tony Dutt said Tuesday.

"Just looking at my list, they are obviously on it,'' Dutt said. "I would hope and think that they would have interest. We are definitely open minded.''

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbe...nsidering_the_n.html

dam, hometown kid wants to play at home. Hopefully NO is too cheap to make a run for him.

"We have huricanes here too Brandon. And if you like Creole food, I'll drive you down to Miami, lol"!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
The New Orleans Hornets are one of the teams former LSU forward Brandon Bass is considering in free agency, his agent Tony Dutt said Tuesday.

"Just looking at my list, they are obviously on it,'' Dutt said. "I would hope and think that they would have interest. We are definitely open minded.''

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbe...nsidering_the_n.html

dam, hometown kid wants to play at home. Hopefully NO is too cheap to make a run for him.

"We have huricanes here too Brandon. And if you like Creole food, I'll drive you down to Miami, lol"!!!!!!!

There are a few places on S.O.B.T that serve Creole and Jamacian!!

last minute player: I remember Portland saying they needed a PF. I won't be surprised to see them make a run at Bass. His youth fits right in with what they're doing over there.

quote:

last minute player: I remember Portland saying they needed a PF. I won't be surprised to see them make a run at Bass. His youth fits right in with what they're doing over there.

I heard Bushard of espn say that Portland will make a run at JKidd and he doesn't know what their list of priorities (#) are, It appears that everyone is chasing Kidd.

Another small fact or question, if the LAL can sign Ariza and Odum while still over the cap, to make the big push (again) then what the heck are we thinking about??? Get Turk back and then worry about the fillers!!!!!

The hornets and the blazers have talent at pf, it does not make sense for him to go there... He has been behind dirk the last few years and now he want more mins... so they say...

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:

I heard Bushard of espn say that Portland will make a run at JKidd and he doesn't know what their list of priorities (#) are, It appears that everyone is chasing Kidd.

Another small fact or question, if the LAL can sign Ariza and Odum while still over the cap, to make the big push (again) then what the heck are we thinking about??? Get Turk back and then worry about the fillers!!!!!

portland reports state that their list is pg then play-maker... A. Miller is high on there list... kid as stated earlier... then they have reports of turk 3rd on there list...

Keep in mind they have bigs... and they need to resign their stud pf and sp brandon roy...

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

The hornets and the blazers have talent at pf, it does not make sense for him to go there... He has been behind dirk the last few years and now he want more mins... so they say...

i present to you...

quote:
Bass is not necessarily looking to land with a team where he would start, Dutt said. But it could be a consideration, given that quality teams such as Orlando and San Antonio could be in the market for a starting power forward.

http://www.dallasnews.com/shar...avslede.401be0c.html

using the selling point that he can be a starter here won't really be that important when making his decision. Dwight, Jameer, and Shard really have to wooo him.

quote:

quote:

i present to you...

quote:
Bass is not necessarily looking to land with a team where he would start, Dutt said. But it could be a consideration, given that quality teams such as Orlando and San Antonio could be in the market for a starting power forward.

using the selling point that he can be a starter here won't really be that important when making his decision. Dwight, Jameer, and Shard really have to wooo him.

I am just hoping that Dwight calls the guy's like Bass that we are intrested in and explains that he wants Hedo back and the PF! If not I hope that statement does not discourage anyone of them especially Bass!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

portland reports state that their list is pg then play-maker... A. Miller is high on there list... kid as stated earlier... then they have reports of turk 3rd on there list...

Keep in mind they have bigs... and they need to resign their stud pf and sp brandon roy...

I hear what you guys are saying and I agree. But I remember B. Roy and their coach, a few weeks ago, saying they needed a backup PF. Roy even said someone like Turiaf would be perfect.

we'll see.

with how GM's operate, everything we've heard over the last few days could very well be smoke and mirrors.

I hope they go after Dre Miller and leave Turk and Bass alone.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hear what you guys are saying and I agree. But I remember B. Roy and their coach, a few weeks ago, saying they needed a backup PF. Roy even said someone like Turiaf would be perfect.

we'll see.

with how GM's operate, everything we've heard over the last few days could very well be smoke and mirrors.

I hope they go after Dre Miller and leave Turk and Bass alone.

Agreed!!! Whats more is that Portland does not have a boat load of money, and none of the guys they are targeting will come cheap! Bucher is announcing that Hedo will not get more than $7-8 Mil per from anyone!!! What the heck...our offer was close to that and Vanderwide sad go over the cap to keep Hedo, so let's see!!!

quote:

quote:

i present to you...

quote:

That is a new article... So we will see... The agent my just be saying this statement for leverage... In business you way all options... hopefully we get bass... He will be a heck of a player for 4-5 mil...