Sign in to follow this  
Blackhennie

BASS NEWS and Videos: New Article Braking Bass down by Numbers pg30

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

the play at the :53 mark won me over. I want this guy over everyone that's out there. DAM!!!!

Imagine a front court of: Dwight, Anderson, Gortat, & Bass for the next 5 yrs.

That play shows his quickness and his ablity put the ball on the ground and just how quick he is...

quote:
Originally posted by Danb23Rock:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Also, Bass doesn't eat pork or beef. Don't know if I like that.

Gortat won't like that.

Gortat will just pummel the steak til it turns into chicken.

Meh... I love this kid, and I think he would be perfect for our team as a backup...

But we already got our backup 4.

I said in another post I would like to have a traditional lineup with players playing their true positions... but the more vids I watch, the more likely I think Dwight gets frustrated around PFs who can clog the lane.

I don't know, I like the idea of more defense and rebounding, since that's what we need to make it to the final level, but I don't know if I see Dwight coexisting with a true PF like Bass... unless Bass was our backup. In which case, I think it would work swimmingly.

Maybe I'm just being a worried-wart. But I would like to keep our superstar happy...

BAH, I don't know what the eff I want anymore. I'm just so happy to get one of my all-time favorite players on my all-time favorite team, finally.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

I like Bass, but my problem with him is that he plays the same way as Dwight. Most of his points are at the rim on dunks. That is a problem with the type of offense we need around Dwight. If he can hit the jump shot at the top of the key consistently then I am all for it. I would still welcome on to the team.

Bass has very good shot. His mother was Charles Oakley, so he also was in the top 20 in ft %. He was 90% in the playoffs from the line. Which shows his touch. He can play pick and pop, but he also is capable of taking a dribble or two like his father Anthony Mason. He is a stud.

His offensive game is the opposite of Howard. He is a face up guy with a shot and a nice first step one or two dribbles. But he does have power.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Ok, ok, ok.. I gotta be fair for mah boy:

more like...

I'm sure through his "recreational activities" he's blocked (see what I did there?) that horrific moment out.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

Meh... I love this kid, and I think he would be perfect for our team as a backup...

But we already got our backup 4.

I said in another post I would like to have a traditional lineup with players playing their true positions... but the more vids I watch, the more likely I think Dwight gets frustrated around PFs who can clog the lane.

I don't know, I like the idea of more defense and rebounding, since that's what we need to make it to the final level, but I don't know if I see Dwight coexisting with a true PF like Bass... unless Bass was our backup. In which case, I think it would work swimmingly.

Maybe I'm just being a worried-wart. But I would like to keep our superstar happy...

BAH, I don't know what the eff I want anymore. I'm just so happy to get one of my all-time favorite players on my all-time favorite team, finally.

Bass can shot. even through it is not a three it is consistent. Plus, if you lose bass on offense he will kill you on the boards.

If we get bass, he will start. I would only bring him in to start. He has been hidden behind dirk and now it is time for him to shine.

Defense win champion ships but he also has offenive skill that fit howard as well.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

Ok, ok, ok.. I gotta be fair for mah boy:

more like...

I'm sure through his "recreational activities" he's blocked (see what I did there?) that horrific moment out.

lol

If we keep Anderson then Bass would be a real nice compliment. He is the Horace Grant starting PF that shoots the high % shot. The floor is still spread because Bass can stand at the top of the key or the elbow which is always open.

He can also be there and allow Rashard to postup his man quite easily.

Most importantly he can run the floor and is super athletic. That causes matchup problems.