Sign in to follow this  
WestCoastMagicFan

Why Do You Guys Think..........

the front office is only talking about bringing in another big and not another pg. I know that Sheed is enticing but if we bring him in than he may be the only free agent that we'll be able to get. I say bring in a cheaper power like Bass or even Wilcox so we can bring in a 3rd point guard. Unlike most people I'm all about brining in more depth because one injury can screw you over. This is nothing against old head but you would think that Jameer's injury would make them think to bring in another point guard. I'd rather have a combination of Bass/Price, Wilcox/Price, Birdman/Sessions (you get the idea) instead of just going after Rasheed. I'm wondering if they're thinking that Redick can get some tick at the point.

THOUGHTS?????????

the front office is only talking about bringing in another big and not another pg. I know that Sheed is enticing but if we bring him in than he may be the only free agent that we'll be able to get. I say bring in a cheaper power like Bass or even Wilcox so we can bring in a 3rd point guard. Unlike most people I'm all about brining in more depth because one injury can screw you over. This is nothing against old head but you would think that Jameer's injury would make them think to bring in another point guard. I'd rather have a combination of Bass/Price, Wilcox/Price, Birdman/Sessions (you get the idea) instead of just going after Rasheed. I'm wondering if they're thinking that Redick can get some tick at the point.

THOUGHTS?????????

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

THOUGHTS?????????

No one thinks Otis won't bring in another PG. He (we) know Jameer's history and understand we need a 3rd PG. We know the holes we have and understand what needs to be filled. But, at this point, big men is a priority. Once that is taken care of, we start discussing the next position that needs to be taken care of.

Right now, I think by overpaying Sheed, you get a win-win situation. A good answer to the need of having a banger downlow, and also knock down threes. As well as a mentor that can teach Dwight how to play downlow fearlessly, physically without backing down, and getting into the opponent's head.

I definitely think that JJ will get to see some minutes, sparingly, at the point especially after showing that he has improved his playmaking skills.

However, while it is true that a need for a PG is obvious, I don't think it should be a need that needs to be answered first compared to answering our frontcourt problems.

Right now, our frontcourt stands at Anderson, Dwight, Rashard and Pietrus. Shard and MP are better of playing the 3. We still need a acquire another big to play the 4 and 5. While our PG position can stand at Jameer/ Old head and JJ [if need be].

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

I have it on good authority that we may bring in Grant Hill to run some point forward, with JJ at the 1.

I wouldn't be opposed to this at all. However, 90% of the forum will lead an uprising the second Grant Hill's name is connected to Orlando in the media.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Yeah, in terms of a PR move, Grant Hill is a nightmare. But who else out there is a point forward who will come for the vet min?

I would take him back without blinking. Of course, I never hated him for leaving to go to Phoenix with our logjam at SF that year. (Lewis, Turk, AND Ariza)

Grant Hill.

It's amazing how we would love a guy like Rasheed Wallace, but loathe Hill. It would take some warming up but coming in at the minimum would go a long way.