Sign in to follow this  
Starting at Guard...

Use MLE on Ron Artest?

First of all i think artest if he came on this team would play the 4 since hes a better defensive and rebounder then shard.

Second of all can everyone stop yelling it hurts my ears.

Third of all... even though i like the idea of Artest on this team.... doesnt anyone here see a small problem here. Like Van Gundy and him killing each other!? Honestly its the same problem with bringing in Sheed... Van Gundy runs to hott to manage those personalities. Vince Carter, while he does have an attitude, is a much calmer and easy going guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT.

WAY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FORRUM

WHOS YELLING /?

I wanted to reiterate my point regarding HOU and the players and money they have tied up already for next year:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

They have 11 players under contract (Artest, obviously not included) for about $65m. And as I mentioned, they PAID to get 3 2nd round draft picks, so they obviously like those players and wanted those players. I think you can count them in for roster spots. That would bring their total to 14 spots on the roster taken up. If they sign Artest it would be 15, and that makes trading McGrady very difficult, as his salary is so high they'd have to take back about 3-4 people to do it.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

First of all i think artest if he came on this team would play the 4 since hes a better defensive and rebounder then shard.

Second of all can everyone stop yelling it hurts my ears.

Third of all... even though i like the idea of Artest on this team.... doesnt anyone here see a small problem here. Like Van Gundy and him killing each other!? Honestly its the same problem with bringing in Sheed... Van Gundy runs to hott to manage those personalities. Vince Carter, while he does have an attitude, is a much calmer and easy going guy.

I also try to look at the positive. Artest has been a bit mellow the past three seasons and he's also acted as a leader and coach on the floor (at least from the 25-30 Houston games I saw on TV this year). Van Gundy may run hot, and yes, they will likely butt heads from time-to-time (as has everyone on the team with SVG), but he could also enforce SVG's coaching/message to the players on the floor.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT.

WAY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FORRUM

WHOS YELLING /?

WE'RE NOT YELLING? MAN DO I FEEL STUPID SHOUTING RIGHT NOW.

sorry caps lock stays on on my fone n i been on da road all day till now. but back to ball

da NBA is all bout winning wen ur ontop its bout winning right den n there da orlando magic r ontop we need to make da moves to win right now nelson isnt all dat young n he has a problem stayin healthy not sayin get rid of him wat im sayin is ride da team while its hot lewis isnt all dat young either guys. da core of da team is howard put da right guys around him r bench isnt lookin to great right now we jus let alot of guys go for carter n carter is goin down hill i kno its jus a welcome home so he can retire hes been wantin to play here for yrs now dats y he buit his house here in orlando right across da lake from where i live he was supposed to sign wit us 2 yrs ago but instead he did da extention wit da nets n we took lewis now we have da both of dem n we look weak defensivly now more den ever wit turk leavin we can make da line up work wit 1 of 2 things in da startin line up we do wat needs to b done to get a lagit PF dat can shoot da ball well from beyond 15ft or more high 3point% wud b very helpfull cus dats wat we r built 4 n dis will help lewis go back to his spot at SF where he will dominate over any other SF.. or keep lewis at PF n bring in a tough SF who can score

yea right now we have alot of talent an alot of guys who have all da right 2 have a big head about there game.. but at da end of da day my hommie howard has to stand up n tell every1 its his team n calm those heads down n da goes for any new comer on da team it doesnt matter da resume they bring wit dat big head...

so dats da 1st step to help wit da startin 5 we still have no bench yea air france is my boy n aj is like da grandfather on da team but who els redick???? we can count on him come on da bench needs some help i love my team n i wanna see my team do da best they can we have a hot market right now orlando is on da rise n howard is startin to get da respect he deserves.. howards not da only 1 dat can do it hear in orlando even da smaller players can n dats wat otis smith has to tell all da players to get them over here

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

If we got Artest, our team would the most multi-dimensional, amazing starting 5 squad in the league.

Nelson - Playmaker, Lights out shooter

Carter - Slasher, great shooter, athletic, create his own shot

Artest - Defensive Ace, good shooter, tough

Lewis - Lights out shooter, mismatch, heart and hustle

Dwight - Best center in the league, athletic, a beast

Man oh man

In my pants, I would cream.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

artest won't sign for the mle, odom won't sign for the mle, boozer won't sign for the mle, sheed won't sign for the mle, milsap won't sign for the mle.

YEEESH!!!

I think that sheed would go for a ring for the mle.

I heard he has stated that he is thinking of the magic or the spurs. all we have is the mle or a sign and trade.

sheed is da same thing as takin artest they r both 2 great hard nose defenders i think personaly artest wud fit a lil better long term cus hes only 29 in da prime of his career an sheed is on da end of his but both wud make a great fit n give us a gud chance to make if u think about it with either 1 of da 2 guys we wud have a startin line up dat in da past 5 yrs has been either n allstar starter or in da main rotation of da allstar game u cud definetly look at da magic n see dem makin big runs like da pistons did a few yrs ago