Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Courtney Lee upset with Orlando-- Hoopsworld

quote:
HOOPSWORLD exchanged text messages with sources close to Lee last night, who was obviously upset at the news and turned off his phone. The move is somewhat bittersweet for Lee who really felt at home in Orlando, however he will get a chance to start in New Jersey and as Rod Thorn suggested last night will play a lot of minutes for the Nets.

Smith said the inclusion of Courtney Lee was a tough decision, and ultimately a decision the team felt was the best way to stay in championship contention.

Poor guy, I feel his pain. Only thing you can do as a Magic fan now is to support him and really hope that he doesn't become a Magic killer...

quote:
HOOPSWORLD exchanged text messages with sources close to Lee last night, who was obviously upset at the news and turned off his phone. The move is somewhat bittersweet for Lee who really felt at home in Orlando, however he will get a chance to start in New Jersey and as Rod Thorn suggested last night will play a lot of minutes for the Nets.

Smith said the inclusion of Courtney Lee was a tough decision, and ultimately a decision the team felt was the best way to stay in championship contention.

Poor guy, I feel his pain. Only thing you can do as a Magic fan now is to support him and really hope that he doesn't become a Magic killer...

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

quote:

He was starting here, I don't see the sweet part for him. Except for in 2010 when he's with LeBron.

Courtney Lee = All-Time Magic Killer, book it.

Yeah I'd be pissed if I were Lee. He goes from an amazing team and rookie season and a good group of guys to a crappy team that's dumping salaries.

I just hope that he gets back to the finals at some point because I don't think it's right for him to have to ask "What if I had made that layup?" for the rest of his life.

Him and Keyon on probably planning on teaming up to drop 50 each on us this season.

it took ariza two years to get the last laugh...lee went to a much worse team, i'll say in 4 years he'll be hoisting the ecf trophy on our floor...

Wish I was in the Magic front office yesterday. I laughed when the Shaq trade was announced, but what did our guys do? Otis went Master of Panic on us and had to one up the Cavs in a trade. Let's trade the guy who missed the layup!

GUARANTEE: Courtney makes that layup, he's still a Magic today. If only Hedo had made a better pass...

Its good for him though, he won't be the 5th option on offense every night there. He will have a good chance to be one of the keys of their offense. I wish him nothing but the best

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Wish I was in the Magic front office yesterday. I laughed when the Shaq trade was announced, but what did our guys do? Otis went Master of Panic on us and had to one up the Cavs in a trade. Let's trade the guy who missed the layup!

GUARANTEE: Courtney makes that layup, he's still a Magic today. If only Hedo had made a better pass...

BIGGER GUARANTEE: He didn't make that layup. You can blame it on Lee, Hedo, Kobe, the refs, the Fat Guy or Stuff. It doesn't matter.

This trade was not made to get rid of Lee; it was to acquire Carter.

I know the Nets should have been happy to get Foyle, Richardson and a Panera Gift Certificate

for a nobody like Vince Carter, but what can you do.....

He's also going to lose his #11, Lopez has it. That number is really important to him, it was his teammate from WKU's number and Courtney has worn it ever since he died.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

He's also going to lose his #11, Lopez has it. That number is really important to him, it was his teammate from WKU's number and Courtney has worn it ever since he died.

Awesome Sig Trey... And I didnt even think of that... Lee must be upset. Maybe he cant reach a deal with Lopez so that he can keep it