Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Howard: Cavs Got Shaq To Try And Stop Me

quote:
Originally posted by Twelve:

You s.o.b.'s must be getting tired of Shaq continuously raining on your parade.

He leaves town and helps another team win 3 rings

He comes back to the state of Florida to help it's 'other' expansion team with their first title

And now he is on the verge of making your bitter rival better.

Point blank. The Magic are losing key players and Shaq is replacing Wallace and Pavlovic. The Magic need to make BIG moves if they want to keep contending. Just being able to say you made it to the finals (finally) isn't worth much.

we havent lost anyone yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

You s.o.b.'s must be getting tired of Shaq continuously raining on your parade.

He leaves town and helps another team win 3 rings

He comes back to the state of Florida to help it's 'other' expansion team with their first title

And now he is on the verge of making your bitter rival better.

Point blank. The Magic are losing key players and Shaq is replacing Wallace and Pavlovic. The Magic need to make BIG moves if they want to keep contending. Just being able to say you made it to the finals (finally) isn't worth much.

we havent lost anyone yet.

agreed

KInd of self centered to offer that opinion. The talk outside Orlando is the Cavs are trying to make Lebron happy till they figure how to hold on to him the year after

quote:
Originally posted by X:

KInd of self centered to offer that opinion. The talk outside Orlando is the Cavs are trying to make Lebron happy till they figure how to hold on to him the year after

and who was in their way of a title this year? the lil ol Orlando Magic. any fool can see the frontline they had this year was no match for Dwight and the mismatch Rashard gave them. not being a homer either, just common sense.

If it was guaranteed that the Cleveland would have to face the Magic next year to win the title, then yes ... but anyone who thinks that the Cavs would specifically make a trade so they can beat the Magic "if" they happen to meet in the playoffs is just ignorant.

** Turns up Carly Simon's "You're so Vain" ***

"I bet you think this trade's about you"

He's not exactly wrong about that, is he?

I can't imagine what incentive Shaq would have to respond to/blast Dwight, but sadly, everyone knows it's inevitable.

quote:

If it was guaranteed that the Cleveland would have to face the Magic next year to win the title, then yes ... but anyone who thinks that the Cavs would specifically make a trade so they can beat the Magic "if" they happen to meet in the playoffs is just ignorant.

** Turns up Carly Simon's "You're so Vain" ***

"I bet you think this trade's about you"

Considering that they completely destroyed everyone else they played against for the entire year, minus Orlando, Boston, and the Lakers, and that Dwight demolished their entire front court, I don't see what your complaint is.

This trade was something that has been in the works during last season. so I don't whole heartedly see your point.

quote:
Originally posted by DuvalMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by X:

and who was in their way of a title this year? the lil ol Orlando Magic. any fool can see the frontline they had this year was no match for Dwight and the mismatch Rashard gave them. not being a homer either, just common sense.

This trade was something that has been in the works during last season. so I don't whole heartedly see your point.

quote:
Originally posted by X:

And it was turned down, as Ferry didn't think it was needed. Orlando showed him different, so yeah, it was in direct response to the loss in the ECF's.

Let me ask you this. If Cleveland won over Orlando and the Lakers, does this trade happen?