quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

A quote from the author of this blog talking about next season:

quote:

He will have several DNP-CD along with a few spot starts and about 12 minutes off the bench. He will not be pleased with his playing time and will leave following next season.

Agreed...not gonna be a part of the Magic's future...time to move on...

I have to say that its probably what will happen, but then again some have been saying for 3 years that he is going to be traded and how worthless he is, and he is still here.

at this point I am not sure what is up with JJ and what will happen in the future. If his shot comes back I can see him being a part of the team. But he needs his shot to be as deadly as in college.

I agree. He's proven he can shoot the ball. He's proven he can defend.

Now, he needs to prove that he can actually walk and chew gum, shoot AND defend at the same time. LOL.

He's not part of our core players for the future and he's not better than Courtney Lee...ask Denton, Hollinger, any of the stud writer's...it's my opinion also...

Did I say anything about him being better than C-Lee? I was just saying where he needed to improve the most next.

And I'm sorry, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you're giving Lee props after just reading old threads from last summer when you thought Lee was a total bust after a bad summer league game or two.

So yes, yes, yes, tell us something we don't know. Lee's played better than Redick, but it's still nyce to have injury/matchups insurance that can come in and contribute, rather than come in and suck up the joint. Especially when he's still basically on his cheap rookie contract.

He'll play out the string, sign somewhere like Toronto for 3, 3.5 million and light us up every time he sees Magic uniforms. I've been mentally prepared for that inevitable since like, last summer.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

He's not part of our core players for the future and he's not better than Courtney Lee...ask Denton, Hollinger, any of the stud writer's...it's my opinion also...

Sam Cassel..

I'd like to pose a question.

Who was the last rookie prior to CLEE to start in the NBA Finals?

I'm not sure if he was the last one but I think Robert Horry was a rookie.

Daniel Gibson? Did he start in the finals for Cleveland?

Sam Cassell..if I am not mistaken.

This grade is dead on. Draft status, expectations, improvements are all irrelevant. Bottom line, JJ was a slightly below average NBA SG, period.

His D has improved to the point he's not a target the second he walks on the floor every night & he brings a lot of intangibles to the table. If he can locate his shot and quit playing so timid offensively, he'll be a solid NBA player here or elsewhere.

But, his offense went MIA every time he received an extended opportunity. Yea, he played good D on Ray Allen. He was also nonexistant on the offensive end!

Your starting SG fails to crack 5 points in 5 straight games & averaged 3.5 pts. in the last 5 games of that series. There's no excuses or defense for that.

A "C" is probably fitting but the last time I was in school it was a passing grade! Despite what some think, I don't think you're going to see JJ move on. I could be wrong but I predict that Otis will resign him. Gotta admit he is no longer a liability but was a fail safe addition to the team when Courtney went down. I don't think Otis is willing to part with JJ yet. JJ knows he's got to find his shot and that's why he's in the gym already. He admits that he loves the game and I think that should be enough to raise his score to a B-. It's not about the money with him and it's definitely not just a job.

I am new here. But i have read all the comments on here for the last year, and I hate the arrogance of you Magic fans. What do you guys have against J.J.? I know!!!!!! that he is white and went to duke. I know all of you will argue with me but you just hate him because he scorched all the black guys who are said to be so athletic and better. Also he is not given a chance in the NBA because he is white. Yeah, I said it. The fact that no one will ever say but everyone knows is true. I don't care what you guys think of me. I am very upset with the arrogance of you guys. Did Dwight play good in the Finals? Did Courtney Lee do anything after he got Injured? yeah why don't you address that. Stop the hating on J.J. and jock riding of players like Courtney Lee and Michael Pietrus. They are not much better then J.J. Give the guy his chance. J.J. was never given a chance in the NBA, so i can't see why you guys can say he is bad. Playing once every 5 games, with 5 minutes and going 0-1 does not mean he sucks. Courtney Lee is not that good and i will say that as much as i need to. He was given a chance by Van Gundy because he is black. J.J. Is just as good as him he just is never given a chance. Yeah, call me racist and other names, I don't care because i am one of the only people on this board that is not afraid to say the truth.

You busted me. I hate white guys. You know what else I hate? Mirrors, because they lie to me and tell me I'm white.

I am not saying every single one of you, but there are some of you that just don't like J.J. because he is white and went to Duke. Who are the two most hated players on this Message Board??? JJ and Hedo. There are about what 3 white players out of 14 guys and the two most hated are white. What a coincidence!!!!! I am saying that sarcastically. Not all of you but many of you fans and also coaches and other people in the NBA whether its a Player or an NBA analyst don't give white guys a chance. Why don't you look up the percentage of black players in the NBA, and then the percentage of blacks in the United States and that will tell you all you need to know. Call me racist i don't care because i am one of the only people that is not afraid to admit the facts.

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Sam Cassel..

I'd like to pose a question.

Who was the last rookie prior to CLEE to start in the NBA Finals?

I'm not sure if he was the last one but I think Robert Horry was a rookie.

Daniel Gibson? Did he start in the finals for Cleveland?

Sam Cassell..if I am not mistaken.

No, Kenny Smith started and Cassell backed him up.