Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

Denton Say's Dwight will sign extension as a show of loyalty to Brian Hill.....What??

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Solution, did realgm report this as a ESPN T.V. report (sportcenter) or is it on the website, I am looking and not seeing it????

Probably T.V. interview. I couldn't find it either.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

it is the JJ issue that finally got Bob to pull his support of Brian.

That JJ!! I like his fire and his spirit. Is he the future player leader of this team we are looking for? He seems to get along with the guys, including Darko and Pat Garrity- but coach hill is another matter. He better come back from summer break flexing those muscles.

I know one thing, he hates to lose!!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

Solution, did realgm report this as a ESPN T.V. report (sportcenter) or is it on the website, I am looking and not seeing it????

I think that is what seperates us from the other, we seek established credidble sources of infromation, which is why I do not frequent there very often....Good job though Solution, we will continue to look for the truth!!!!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think that is what seperates us from the other, we seek established credidble sources of infromation, which is why I do not frequent there very often....Good job though Solution, we will continue to look for the truth!!!!!!

to bad that the only credible sources are the ones that agree with your stance. every other source is unreliable to your standards. that is just krappy

I was at sports fanatic yesterday and they were reporting Brian Hill's future as a Magic head coach during every 30 minute segments. I don't see how it's possible to bring the guy back after all these uncertain statements towards his return. Could you imagine the backlash if he would come back?

I don't see it happening. The only factor left is just time now.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I was at sports fanatic yesterday and they were reporting Brian Hill's future as a Magic head coach during every 30 minute segments. I don't see how it's possible to bring the guy back after all these uncertain statements towards his return. Could you imagine the backlash if he would come back?

I don't see it happening. The only factor left is just time now.

i agree it doesn't look good for his return. but with the history of the magic. i would not be surprising if he does come back. i hope they give him the opportunity to succeed

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

people are just speculating because they want d12 to be the next penny. i think d12 is a better person than that

For once I can agree with you, and here is the kicker..........it is O.K.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

quote:

people are just speculating because they want d12 to be the next penny. i think d12 is a better person than that

For once I can agree with you, and here is the kicker..........it is O.K.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont say it to loud. you might be shunned and outcasted by the firebrianhill lynch mob. because it appears that NBAMagic47 = AntiChrist

quote:

quote:

quote:

dont say it to loud. you might be shunned and outcasted by the firebrianhill lynch mob. because it appears that NBAMagic47 = AntiChrist

Not at all, I am also a card carrying memmber of the FBH club, because we disagree on certain issues, does not make you the enemey!! It just means that we dissagree!!!

Um wouldn't it be just easier for Dwight to come out with a statement that he supports and wants Hill back. Anyone here think Dwight will sign under two weeks from now? I think the silence from the players while Hill twists in the wind is deafening.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Um wouldn't it be just easier for Dwight to come out with a statement that he supports and wants Hill back. Anyone here think Dwight will sign under two weeks from now? I think the silence from the players while Hill twists in the wind is deafening.

you are right d12 and the rest of the team should make a statement either way. but to speculate that their silence is proof that they want him gone. is just that. speculation. because without a statement for or against. that is the only thing we can do. is speculate. i believe d12 can not sign or will not sign until june 1. but either way that does not mean anything. again just speculation

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

yup just heard it, he also pointed "bones of conententoin" were were hill's style of player/lack of adjustments, not playing jj, and dwight howard's relationship with him. He said d12 gets frustrated with hill's "micromanagement", can anyone clarify that further on exactly what that means in bball terms? Anyway, he said hill probably will not be back, and the magic are trying to make this as less complicated as possible. big news to say the least

Since the cat is out of the bag now, I will share what I had heard. I found out last week before Game 3 that the team had already made the decision to remove Brian as coach. I did not post it in the open forum to protect the source and respect the teams wishes to keep things focused on the playoffs. I did share it privately with a few board members here.

Dwight's agent is going to say all the right things, as are the beat writers (they want access to information in the future). But the rumors about the rift between the players (including Dwight) are very true.

Even with Otis and the players frustrated with Brian his job was safe due to his close relationship with Bob Vanderweide. Apparently the final straw the finally convinced Bob a change was needed was JJ Redick. Both Bob and Otis have been after Brian to play JJ and Brian has pretty much ignored those requests. He finally gave in and played JJ some, the Keyon/JJ backcourt had some good games. But Brian again benched him down the stretch and in the playoffs.

It is no secret JJ is incredibly popular with the fans and second in jersey sales only behind Dwight. But Brian did not support drafting him and resisted playing him even when teams were zoning us to death and we had no shooters on the floor. At a time when the team needs all the fan support they need for the Arena battle. Playing JJ made sense on the floor and off it in appeasing their fan base.

Dwight/Darko and others have let their true feelings known to the team, but it is the JJ issue that finally got Bob to pull his support of Brian.

Bhnole, as with many of us, I find this to be more credible than Dentons piece, and that was the point of the post! It is quite obvious from the way the players avoid making contact with BHill when they leave the court, to the silence even now, from all of them.

I really didn't mind Hill's firey attitude towards coaching, but if you take that approach, then you should at least be successful, or have a record to fall upon for support! Strange, it is only the writers, the ones that need to appear supportive of him and or his replacement that have been called into question! Everything else is obvious, if my team is under attack by whomever, to include the coach, you would feel compeled to come out in their behalf, much like what the Knicks did for Isiah, Bulls with Skiles, the Heat defended Riley etc.... go post, I enjoyed it!!!