Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Dalembert To Charlotte Being Discussed

quote:
The Sixers are discussing a deal with Charlotte in which Samuel Dalembert and the 17th overall pick in the Thursday's draft is exchanged for Vladimir Radmanovic, Nazr Mohammad, and the 12th pick in the draft.

The Bobcats would save approximately $2 million in the trade.

Via Philadelphia Inquirer

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...tte_being_discussed/

quote:
The Sixers are discussing a deal with Charlotte in which Samuel Dalembert and the 17th overall pick in the Thursday's draft is exchanged for Vladimir Radmanovic, Nazr Mohammad, and the 12th pick in the draft.

The Bobcats would save approximately $2 million in the trade.

Via Philadelphia Inquirer

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...tte_being_discussed/

I'm not so sure. The Bobcats already have Okafor locked up to a long contract. I can't see why they would want to pay the underachieving Dalembert to be his backup. I understand that Radmonovic has a big deal too but at least he plays a different position.

I don't like the deal for the Bobcats. Dalembert is a space cadet.

Charlotte also has Diop so if they are trying to corner the market on offensively challenged shot blocking big men it would seem they have it cornered with this deal.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I'm not so sure. The Bobcats already have Okafor locked up to a long contract. I can't see why they would want to pay the underachieving Dalembert to be his backup. I understand that Radmonovic has a big deal too but at least he plays a different position.

I don't like the deal for the Bobcats. Dalembert is a space cadet.

The Bobcats are trying to move Okafor back to the 4, and this trade would allow them to do so.

Plus, Dalembert was one of Larry Brown favorite players back in Philly.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

they already did that last season, when they got Diop...

Diop was brought in to be a backup.

This trade does nothing to change the fact that both teams are far away from being contenders in the East.

A trade full of a bunch of mediocre players does nothing more than keep both teams mediocre, which is fine with me.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Charlotte also has Diop so if they are trying to corner the market on offensively challenged shot blocking big men it would seem they have it cornered with this deal.

God, I forgot about Diop! This trade really makes no sense. They are going to have 2/3s of their salary cap tied up on centers.

Truth, they may be thinking about moving Okafor to the 4 but I have my doubts that it will work. I really don't think a Dalembert/Okafor frontline will work.