Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

www.firebrianhill.org was necessary

We are not out of the woods yet but it seems fairly safe, especially with the players support, a new coach will be hired this summer. By the way if you haven't signed the petition yet, please do so as the more signatures that are registered the more comfortable you make it for Bob Vander Weide and Otis .This will be a very costly move and your support is needed.

Let me make a list of reasons why the FBH.org site was courageous and necessary:

1) The GM was new at his position and did not have the required authority to deal with Brian.

2) The ownership were on record that they needed to correct a previous firing of Brian Hill and were personally responsible for the hiring inspite of Weisbrod apparently stepping down because of this decision.

3) The player leadership of the team were nice guys and would not want to jeopardize their reputations as Penny Hardaway did in 96'.

4) The players needed to know that the fans were aware of the problems and would be supportive of any effort that was made by them.

5) Brian Hill and the Magic generally have good rapport with the local press and the pressure needed for a coaching change was not likely.

FBH.org gave the fans a forum to sign a petition and write about the coaching and the Magic. As a result of this effort, I believe the ownership was well informed.

Thank you weezt0e for www.firebianhill.org.

We are not out of the woods yet but it seems fairly safe, especially with the players support, a new coach will be hired this summer. By the way if you haven't signed the petition yet, please do so as the more signatures that are registered the more comfortable you make it for Bob Vander Weide and Otis .This will be a very costly move and your support is needed.

Let me make a list of reasons why the FBH.org site was courageous and necessary:

1) The GM was new at his position and did not have the required authority to deal with Brian.

2) The ownership were on record that they needed to correct a previous firing of Brian Hill and were personally responsible for the hiring inspite of Weisbrod apparently stepping down because of this decision.

3) The player leadership of the team were nice guys and would not want to jeopardize their reputations as Penny Hardaway did in 96'.

4) The players needed to know that the fans were aware of the problems and would be supportive of any effort that was made by them.

5) Brian Hill and the Magic generally have good rapport with the local press and the pressure needed for a coaching change was not likely.

FBH.org gave the fans a forum to sign a petition and write about the coaching and the Magic. As a result of this effort, I believe the ownership was well informed.

Thank you weezt0e for www.firebianhill.org.

I have copied a couple of very recent comments on the FBH.org petition below:

1)QUOTE by Tony Kennedy:

Although I am not a Magic fan, I am impressed by the collection of young talent your team has and do enjoy watching them play. Im signing this petition because I was a Vancouver Grizzly fan, and sadly remember the Brian Hill days in Vancouver. While owners, management (Stu Jackson) and Vancouver residents deserve a lot of t the blame for losing the franchise, Brian Hill was the worst coach we had and generally wasted the brightest collection of talent we had following a sixth place finish in 1997, and that is with the addition of Mike Bibby. Also Mr. Hill was nonexistent in the community and did little to help build the NBA in a city that quite frankly didnt realize how blessed they were to have an NBA team. Sadly though there is a strong number of residents who loved this team and loved basketball and now have to cross the border to Seattle to watch NBA games, and that might be taken away too. Good luck Magic fans and I hope you get a coach that gets the most of your young talent.

2)QUOTE by Robert Shepard:

As a season ticket holder and life-long Magic fan this is really disappointing. It is very clear to the fans of the Orlando Magic that Brian Hill is washed up. He has a one track mind and only has one style of coaching. The same style he had back in the mid 90s. This is a far different team. We do not have the same three point shooting talent we had around Shaq. If you wonder why Dwight has so many turnovers, its because the Magic feed the ball to him on the post with no realy three point threats. Allowing teams to collapse on him. Shaq had Penny, Dennis Scott, and Nick Anderson to kick the ball to. Dwight Howard doesn't have a single three point shooter with him. That doesn't mean we need a huge overhaul. It just means you simply cannot use the same coaching strategy you did back then with the team you have now. We need to be a more up tempo team. Howard is crazy athletic and young. Let him run the court and get easy dunks. The core of this team is young and athletic and would prosper under and up tempo strategy. Secondly, we were not competing for a championship this year and we weren't really competing for a first round victory. So why wouldn't you get put the future of the Orlando Magic in the starting lineup and let them play the majority of the minutes. JJ barely played. When he did he was inserted into the lineup for a three point shot to keep the Magic close the down the stretch and he came in and nailed the difficult shot with a defender in his face. This only made Brian Hill look even more foolish for not playing him in the three previous games. It would be hard for me to buy season ticket next year if all I would receive is major frustration from watching coach Hill waste away the talent on this team. So please, FIRE BRIAN HILL NOW! P.S.- Incase everyone wasn't aware, Larry Brown is available!

Thanks for the kind words Solution! I'm just happy we are fianlly making some progress! The real thanks go to the over-1100 people to sign the petition and leave comments, the supporters who spread the word, and the people who helped me get the site off the ground! Thanks eveyone!

Hopefully we are on the home stretch!

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

Was fan unhappiness heard by the Magic ownership?

Exerts from "Now is the time for Brian Hill to

quote:
Originally posted by weezt0e:

Thanks for the kind words Solution! I'm just happy we are fianlly making some progress! The real thanks go to the over-1100 people to sign the petition and leave comments, the supporters who spread the word, and the people who helped me get the site off the ground! Thanks eveyone!

Hopefully we are on the home stretch!

THANK YOU WEEZT0E. You got the press buzzing a bit and gave greater focus to Hill's style. In the process you took some shots from the press as well but you were proven right. Good Job man.

quote:
However the noise the fans have been making soon reached a level to where the Magic and its ownership had to listen. It was reported back to the Magic that several groups of fans leaving the arena after both game 3 and 4 started chanting