Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Would you take Grant Hill back on this team?

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
the same morons who want GHill back probably also want Shaq - get rid of those bums.

I wouldn't want Ghill back (we don't need more small forwards even if we lose Turk), but I dare you to explain why Shaq wouldn't be a perfect back-up to Dwight sometime here soon.

You want a list?

Let's just list it out:

-No to McGrady

-No to Grant Hill

-No to Shaq

Only would I take on those guys if we can do what we did to Penny, trade for an expiring contract and waive them. And Penny didn't deserve it.

I think it's stupid to dismiss the idea of GHill because of his past here or because you hate how things played out with him. The dude would've been a great player if his leg wasn't a dewsh.

Hill is obviously looking for a championship and he still has a lot to offer to any team. He played great basketball last year for Phoenix as a starter and since he sat the bench for years, I think he has plenty left in the tank.

If Hill wants to play here, he should do it for free since we gave him mountains of money for nothing in return, but I'll take him back regardless.

Give me a list of guys that are playing better and that could be had for the vet minimum, and maybe I'll reconsider.

More on why I like Grant Hill:

• Stan mentioned that part of why he used Pietrus off the bench was because he had to back up Hedo. Hill solves this problem and gives us the option of starting Pietrus.

Most bang for the buck. The guy can still shoot, pass, and rebound at an average level for sf's, which is great for a guy taking the vet min and coming off the bench.

A vet and a classy guy who will add much to our locker room chemistry, a la Foyle.