Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Would anyone do this trade?

I would like to add they probably think they can used Collison for something better than just an expiring deal. But if they would do Battie for Collison straight up I would jump right on it.

However, I would not make any trades until we take care of the Hedo and Gortat situations. If you make that trade for Collison, you will have a harder time signing Gortat if you have yet to do so.

quote:
Originally posted by TURBEY:

I like Boozer's offense a lot, he is a good jump shooter, however his defense is not good, and also his health is also a big question. During the last 2-3 years, I never see him played all the season. I would prefer more defensive style traditional pf who have a 15 ft jump shot ability.

Rashard Lewis was thought of as a terrible defender before he came to Orlando. Who's to say Boozer's defense wont improve under SVG? Everyone else's has.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

I like Boozer's offense a lot, he is a good jump shooter, however his defense is not good, and also his health is also a big question. During the last 2-3 years, I never see him played all the season. I would prefer more defensive style traditional pf who have a 15 ft jump shot ability.

Rashard Lewis was thought of as a terrible defender before he came to Orlando. Who's to say Boozer's defense wont improve under SVG? Everyone else's has.

Very good point. I just hope that we at the least keep our assets in Hedo and Gortat...or in Gortat's case improve them if we make a trade. Absent a deal for Boozer, I like the thought a lot of trying to get Sheed to sign with the Magic and make him the starting PF while we groom Gortat to take over at that spot. Sheed's outside game on offense and inside the paint defense is exactly what this team is missing.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

Nyce let's redo your trade because I am sure that is not enough for OKC. They need more than that. I bet they would do this trade.

Battie, Alston, JJ plus a future first

FOR

Watson and Collison

That takes off almost $13 million off their cap for next summer and gives them a good opportunity to sign a top free agent.

It gives us a quality back up at PG and PF which is our needs if we trade Alston and Battie.

4 assets for 1, we lose roster spots, and pick up a terrible contract. No thanks.

The most we do is, Battie & JJ/future pick for Collison & filler (dream would be Thabo since I was one of few on his train during 2006 draft). Their GM then trades Battie at the deadline for 2 future firsts.

And how do we have a harder time re-signing Gortat with Collison, then we do with Battie?

For the record for everyone that looks at Rasheed's numbers and says how they are on the decline. I would tell them to look at his numbers ever since he has played in Detroit and his numbers are the same. Given the same amount of touches his production does not change. Not to mention Detroit plays a very slow style of basketball. In the Magic's system as the starter next to Dwight I would bet he would average about 15 ppg with 8 rebounds.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

Nyce let's redo your trade because I am sure that is not enough for OKC. They need more than that. I bet they would do this trade.

FOR

Watson and Collison

That takes off almost $13 million off their cap for next summer and gives them a good opportunity to sign a top free agent.

It gives us a quality back up at PG and PF which is our needs if we trade Alston and Battie.

4 assets for 1, we lose roster spots, and pick up a terrible contract. No thanks.

The most we do is, Battie & JJ/future pick for Collison & filler (dream would be Thabo since I was one of few on his train during 2006 draft). Their GM then trades Battie at the deadline for 2 future firsts.

I am just saying, given the history of Sam Presti, there is no way he would do your first trade. The trade I put up is what I thought he would agree to based on his history. Presti is going to be looking to add a free agent next summer. Watson is a quality back up with a bad contract. Collison is actually a good value for his contract versus production. So to get Collison you are going to have to do more than offer an expiring deal.

How many last second shot buzzers we saw against magic, 2 vs philly, 1 vs boston, 1 vs cle, 1 vs lakers... I dont believe that we are defensively improved, only dwight, lee and mp is countable for a reliable defense, and even they sat on the bench a lot of minutes at some games due to foul problems...

quote:

quote:

On paper it would be a great deal. Boozer is NOT worth $12 - $13 mill per. Is Boozer that more effective then Hedo? I don't think so.

If I were Otis, I would make that deal, but not for $12 to $13 mill.

If you are the Jazz, why would you take Reddick when you already have Korver? Battie make sense, but not JJ unless they are looking for expirings.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

FOR

Watson and Collison

I am just saying, given the history of Sam Presti, there is no way he would do your first trade. The trade I put up is what I thought he would agree to based on his history. Presti is going to be looking to add a free agent next summer. Watson is a quality back up with a bad contract. Collison is actually a good value for his contract versus production. So to get Collison you are going to have to do more than offer an expiring deal.

I hear ya; but you put up a trade our own GM wouldn't do, lol. And I see what you're doing with Watson. Even though they'd like to unload him, they can still sign a max FA just by getting rid of Collison. And since Collison is a very good value for the buck, we would have to up our offer.

Battie & JJ/first for Collison & 2nd?

No way Utah does that deal because Gortat I know its crazy does not hold as much value as some people on this board think. Secondly, their is this thing called a basketball, now we only have one on the court at a time. Boozer only cares about scoring and is worse at defending the PF than Shard is. We don't need another star player and that is not how you build a team. You build it with role players and people who fill those roles. If Hedo is resigned which I think he will be then we need a big off the bench who can rebound, defend and shoot an occasional mid-range. Not a 13 mil dollar player. These ideas are absurd. And by the way Boozer sucks and is always hurt and is way overrated.

quote:

quote:

Do you watch Shard play defense? When did he improve? He has Dwight backing him up and the reason he gets all those blocks and rebounds(and fouls) is because Shard is the worst defender on the team. Not to mention just pure lazy on that end. He never boxes anyone out and his man beats him at will. Baby Davis and Thaddeus Young killed him in the playoffs along with Odom and Gasol.