Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Would anyone do this trade?

Just curious if this is a fair trade for both sides. AND If Magic fans would like this trade.

Sign and Trade Gortat and send him to the Utah Jazz with JJ Redick & Tony Battie for a Sign and traded Carlos Boozer.

I would imagine the salary for Boozer would be around 12-13 million over 6 years. He is 28 so his contract would expire when he is 34.

Here is why I think the Magic would do it. They want a starting quality power forward. Boozer has had good numbers and can hit the high post jump shot. They may have an issue resigning Gortat and if they are to sign and trade him, it would be preferred to do it to a West Coast team. JJ would see limited to no minutes if we brought in Boozer, because he would start, which would move Lewis to the 3 and Hedo to the 2. Which means MP and Lee become the primary back ups.

Here is why I think Utah would do it. Milsap is the player they prefer to play at the power forward starting spot. They also do not have a true Center which Gortat would give them a an athletic center. Battie is a quality back up in the last year of his deal and JJ is your corn raised, biscuit eating white boy that would fit in to the Utah community and team just like Okur, Kirilenko, Korver, Harpring. Also he is the type of player Jerry Sloan loves.

I do not think the Jazz have any real intention of letting Boozer walk for nothing, but I also think that Milsap proved to them when Boozer was out that he was ready to take over.

Another reason I think we should make a run at Boozer, is because next season when the trade deadline comes around, Boozer would be one heck of a piece to dangle say in front of the Raptors for Bosh. He would be signed to a long term reasonable deal and they would get an all-star player for Bosh and we could probably pair him with Franny and make that deal happen.

It would make a ton of sense for the Raptors IF we chose to do that, because we could replace Bosh's production with Boozer and give them Calderon's buddy Fran too, who would be out of his contract finally. Fran would probably come over with Calderon on his team. That would give them two bigs for one and even if we threw in a draft pick or two, that would be the best deal they would probably ever get for Bosh.

Think about it, when was the last time you saw a team get equal value in a sign an trade for a free agent? The last one I can remember is MAYBE when Johnson went from the Suns to the Hawks. and that was still no where near Johnson's value. Most of the time the team gets a bunch of expiring contracts and draft picks and has to start rebuilding when they get a star. But if we had the assets to make the trade without hurting our core, it would make a ton of sense.

Just curious if this is a fair trade for both sides. AND If Magic fans would like this trade.

Sign and Trade Gortat and send him to the Utah Jazz with JJ Redick & Tony Battie for a Sign and traded Carlos Boozer.

I would imagine the salary for Boozer would be around 12-13 million over 6 years. He is 28 so his contract would expire when he is 34.

Here is why I think the Magic would do it. They want a starting quality power forward. Boozer has had good numbers and can hit the high post jump shot. They may have an issue resigning Gortat and if they are to sign and trade him, it would be preferred to do it to a West Coast team. JJ would see limited to no minutes if we brought in Boozer, because he would start, which would move Lewis to the 3 and Hedo to the 2. Which means MP and Lee become the primary back ups.

Here is why I think Utah would do it. Milsap is the player they prefer to play at the power forward starting spot. They also do not have a true Center which Gortat would give them a an athletic center. Battie is a quality back up in the last year of his deal and JJ is your corn raised, biscuit eating white boy that would fit in to the Utah community and team just like Okur, Kirilenko, Korver, Harpring. Also he is the type of player Jerry Sloan loves.

I do not think the Jazz have any real intention of letting Boozer walk for nothing, but I also think that Milsap proved to them when Boozer was out that he was ready to take over.

Another reason I think we should make a run at Boozer, is because next season when the trade deadline comes around, Boozer would be one heck of a piece to dangle say in front of the Raptors for Bosh. He would be signed to a long term reasonable deal and they would get an all-star player for Bosh and we could probably pair him with Franny and make that deal happen.

It would make a ton of sense for the Raptors IF we chose to do that, because we could replace Bosh's production with Boozer and give them Calderon's buddy Fran too, who would be out of his contract finally. Fran would probably come over with Calderon on his team. That would give them two bigs for one and even if we threw in a draft pick or two, that would be the best deal they would probably ever get for Bosh.

Think about it, when was the last time you saw a team get equal value in a sign an trade for a free agent? The last one I can remember is MAYBE when Johnson went from the Suns to the Hawks. and that was still no where near Johnson's value. Most of the time the team gets a bunch of expiring contracts and draft picks and has to start rebuilding when they get a star. But if we had the assets to make the trade without hurting our core, it would make a ton of sense.

We give up a lot of frontcourt depth with this trade, but we get an All Star-quality big man next to Dwight who can play the high post better than anyone we have. Boozer would also become our best finisher outside of Dwight.

My biggest concern is that people think Hedo will be able to play the 2. He can't. He's on the wrong side of thirty, and will be in constant foul trouble trying to defend even mediocre SG's on the perimeter. He already proved these playoffs how TERRIBLE he is at closing out shooters.

Also, the disadvantage on the other end doesn't work well in our favor either, as Hedo prefers to back smaller opponents down and shot fade/fall away (low percentage) shots as opposed to attacking the basket off the post up.

If we moved Hedo to the bench (if he'd even be willing to do that) then it could work beautifully.

Nelson/Johnson

Lee/Pietrus

Lewis/Hedo/Pietrus

Boozer/Lewis/MLE/2nd Rounder

Dwight/????/Foyle

I would also like to add that the Jazz starting 5 would be.

Williams - 24 years old

Brewer - 24 years old

Miles - 22 years old

Milsap - 24 years old

Gortat - 25 years old

This would be their future. They already are grooming Miles to be their future starting SF and Gortat would obviously get a ton of minutes behind Okur and possibly allow them to trade Okur if they wanted to. Sloan has never liked Okur's defense and that is what Gortat brings.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

We give up a lot of frontcourt depth with this trade, but we get an All Star-quality big man next to Dwight who can play the high post better than anyone we have. Boozer would also become our best finisher outside of Dwight.

My biggest concern is that people think Hedo will be able to play the 2. He can't. He's on the wrong side of thirty, and will be in constant foul trouble trying to defend even mediocre SG's on the perimeter. He already proved these playoffs how TERRIBLE he is at closing out shooters.

Also, the disadvantage on the other end doesn't work well in our favor either, as Hedo prefers to back smaller opponents down and shot fade/fall away (low percentage) shots as opposed to attacking the basket off the post up.

If we moved Hedo to the bench (if he'd even be willing to do that) then it could work beautifully.

Nelson/Johnson

Lee/Pietrus

Lewis/Hedo/Pietrus

Boozer/Lewis/MLE/2nd Rounder

Dwight/????/Foyle

Well I agree with you on Hedo, but I think the Magic's opinion of his match up would be that what he gives up on defense he will get back on the other end with the mismatch. I mean think about it. Hedo was put on Kobe, Lebron, Pierce and A.I. during the playoffs. Sure he got burnt some, but he was guarding the other teams best player most of the time. That says to me SVG is happy enough with his defense.

The other thing is with Boozer and Howard in the paint, you can let Hedo get burned off the dribble because he can recover quick and you have two quality big men to still go through. Not an easy task for the opposition no matter who it is, Kobe included.

Also if you watched, in many defensive situation Stan would put a lineup of Lee or MP with Hedo, Lewis, Gortat and Howard on the floor. Which to me means if the Magic are at it down to the wire, Stan trust Hedo enough as the point forward so he can insert his top defenders and still lose no offense.

all these all-star trades are too much. We just need a minor tweak to our roster.

Tony Battie for Nick Collison

BOOOM!

Jameer/Skip/AJ

Lee/JJ

Turk/Pietrus/Shard

Shard/Collison

Dwight/Gortat

maybe try to add another SG or cheap big.

I like Boozer's offense a lot, he is a good jump shooter, however his defense is not good, and also his health is also a big question. During the last 2-3 years, I never see him played all the season. I would prefer more defensive style traditional pf who have a 15 ft jump shot ability.

I think this goes back to the fact if Otis has a chance to add to the assets this offseason, he should. Because next summer we may have some really great assets and be able to make a trade for even another piece like Bosh or Amare.

Think about it. If we swung a deal for Boozer look at the high quality players we would have and all would be locked up long term.

Howard, Neslon, Lewis, Hedo, Boozer, Lee, Pietrus then add in Fran because his contract would be up. Plus we would have our first & second round picks of 2010 or from the future for trade.

You know the only 2 players that would probably be off limits would be Howard and Nelson (mainly because he is Dwight's best friend). But if you could offer up any of those other 6 guys to swing a better piece for the long term you would have to think we would be int he best position. 3 of those players would have been All-Stars at some point in their career's. Lee has All Star potential, MP could end up looking like a steal next season and if Fran continues to look like the best big man in Europe, we are in a really really good trading position.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

all these all-star trades are too much. We just need a minor tweak to our roster.

BOOOM!

Jameer/Skip/AJ

Lee/JJ

Turk/Pietrus/Shard

Shard/Collison

Dwight/Gortat

NYCE...I like it!!!

quote:

BOOOM!

Jameer/Skip/AJ

Lee/JJ

Turk/Pietrus/Shard

Shard/Collison

Dwight/Gortat

I would do that trade, but I doubt OKC would do it.

EDIT...Actually I am sure they would not do it for just that. I think we would have to throw in JJ at the minimum. But I still do not think they would even do that trade even though it works.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:

BOOOM!

Jameer/Skip/AJ

Lee/JJ

Turk/Pietrus/Shard

Shard/Collison

Dwight/Gortat

I would do that trade, but I doubt OKC would do it.

why not? I don't follow them to much, so I don't know who's on/off the block. But, I do know their GM loves expirings cause he can turn them into 50 first round picks. they get more capspace for 2010 (imagine Wade or Bosh with Durant & Co.) and can trade Tony at the deadline for 2 first rounders (wonders why this gm can do this year after year and we can't, lol).

edit: I wouldn't mind throwing JJ into the mix. We throw JJ, they give us Kyle Weaver and a 2nd rounder.

Bring back Grant Hill (i don't care about the past)

Jameer/Skip/AJ

Lee/Pietrus/Weaver

Turk/Grant/Shard

Shard/Collison/FA big 4/5 combo

Dwight/Gortat/FA big 4/5 combo

Nyce let's redo your trade because I am sure that is not enough for OKC. They need more than that. I bet they would do this trade.

Battie, Alston, JJ plus a future first

FOR

Watson and Collison

That takes off almost $13 million off their cap for next summer and gives them a good opportunity to sign a top free agent.

It gives us a quality back up at PG and PF which is our needs if we trade Alston and Battie.