Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Draft Thread [Draft is June 25th 7PM]

quote:
Originally posted by jsrtreeson:

what team was Heytvelt on? Gonzaga?

I still think they should bring in Dionte Christmas or Jerel McNeal. They may be undersized for their positions, but they can ball

yeah...

I say we bring in Tony Gaffney, Jeff Adrien and A.J. Abrams. David Thorpe said Gaffney reminds him of a younger Birdman.

Gaffney averaged 11 points, 10 rebounds and 3.8 blocks per game this season.

quote:
The Mavericks acquired point guard Nick Calathes in a draft night trade, sending a future second-round pick to the Timberwolves.

Because Calathes is under contract in Greece, the soonest he might join the Mavericks is 2010-2011. The combo guard has the skills needed to succeed in the NBA, but he's not very athletic and needs to get stronger.

quote:
The Mavericks were working on moving high into the second round to try to select Pittsburgh

Gerald Henderson going to the Bobcats...drafted one slot higher than Hansborough. Happy day any time a Dukie prevails over a Tarheel. LOL After all is said and done there were some strange picks in this draft. Felt bad for Stephen Curry. He really wanted to go to the Knicks. Nobody should ever have to play for Golden State. But hopefully Phoenix will get him.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

DeJuan Blair will go down as the steal of the draft. A better baby Davis IMO. I can't believe we didn't trade the TPE for a draft pick in the 2nd to pick this guy. UGH!!!!

pretty hard to use your TPE on a player in the draft when you used the TPE 5 hours earlier in a trade for Ryan Anderson...

also I think Patty Mills at #55 will be the bigger steal with Blair right behind him...If Mills actually gets to play for Portland, and they don't do to him what they have done to Bayless, he's going to show and prove...

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I'm shocked Wesley Matthews didn't get picked. Or did he stay in school?

just didnt get picked...to be honest though, Matthews is kind meh with me, I'm more surprised that McNeal didnt get picked than Matthews...

to be honest

Josh Heytvelt

Dionte Christmas

Jeremy Pargo

Luke Nevill

Micah Downs

Josh Carter

Joe Ingles

Jerel McNeal

Chris Johnson

Jeff Adrien

Lee Cummard

I'm surprised that each and every one of these guys weren't picked up...obviously they can't all go, but considering some of the foreign players that were selected, I'm pretty confused looking at this list...

shouldve snagged a pg in this draft. gonna need one after johnson leaves and next years draft is week for pgs.

although we will be able to find a backup c/pf next year, its thick with bigs