Sign in to follow this  
Mac Man

I'm Tired of this Trade Nelson (He's holding us back)

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

This guy has no clue at all.. I pray he never becomes a GM

I kinda hope he does become a GM, maybe for the Pistons? That city already had Matt Millen.

He would fit in perfectly with Brian Hill. They could go after Shaq and start a new dynasty to build around him.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

Mac, you needed to bring this argument like 2 years ago when he was unable to lead the team unless it won by making turnovers lol.

Maybe I exaggerated a little.

Anyway, Jameer is no Paul, Deron or Nash, but he has improved and his great shooting helped a lot in putting this team into contention and would have probably get the Magic into the finals sooner. Sadly he looked too bad in the Finals.

I hope he has a similar season next year and improved, except for the injury. The Magic really need his shooting.

Freex, Jameer is a Paul, a Deron or a Nash - he is in that caliber. They are great and Nelson was finally starting to come around.

The only thing about this year is Nelson is coming back from an injury and adding Carter, a go to guy - Stan needs to make sure Nelson remains a scorer - he does so much better when he tries to score first. His assists are higher, the team is better, he makes it easier on everyone when he looks to score. He is not a pass first point guard and he shouldn't be - when he is a scoring threat he gets more assists, Dwight has an easier time of it, etc.

I just don't want Nelson to play behind Carter - play with him and look to score.

I think Stan will get him on track, because he is a tremendous talent. Jameer may need to talk to Knappy, I'll set him straight. He was starting to play like Chris Paul - keeping his dribble alive.

And, Nash, we'll he is just a great player, but I would put Jameer in that class - he is still developing, but this maybe the year. I thought last year would be the year - he was coming on before the injury.

quote:
Freex, Jameer is a Paul, a Deron or a Nash - he is in that caliber.

Jesus Knappy, your homerism needs a intervention.

quote:
Freex, Jameer is a Paul, a Deron or a Nash - he is in that caliber. They are great and Nelson was finally starting to come around.

WOW Kappy. Seriously?

quote:

1240266540309.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

WOW Kappy. Seriously?

Yes, really, Jameer is the real deal. He will get better and he really was starting to look like Chris Paul to me - keeping his dribble alive and not to quick to pass it and give the ball up. Our offense is a little different where a lot of the offense went through Hedo.

Jameer can play better than he has. And, last year he was starting to show it. He will improve over last season. He is a top point guard in this league and soon no one will be questioning his abilities.

He did make the all star team and I thought that he was just starting to get it going. I think he still has a lot more upside - he just needs to play as a go to guy - he is not a role player - he can make things happen for other guys, but he is best as a scorer and a go to guy.

On the other hand, when Hedo tried to be a go to guy - he was better as a role player and he was a very good role player and could put up points, but Hedo was not a great pressure go to guy - Nelson is that, but at times Nelson thinks he needs to be a pass first point guard.

Nelson should try and score over 20 points a night like Steve Nash and Chris Paul - none of this disappearing like he has done in his career for periods of time - he needs to be an offensive weapon and hustle on defense. He can be a one man wrecking crew if he goes out and does it and doesn't hold back or defer to other guys.

When he is focused on scoring - he ends up getting more assists and the other guys love it as they get much easier opportunities and teams trying to deal with Nelson don't know what to do. Also, when he is scoring first he doesn't necessarily have to put up a ton of shots after he gets it going.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

WOW Kappy. Seriously?

Yes, really, Jameer is the real deal. He will get better and he really was starting to look like Chris Paul to me - keeping his dribble alive and not to quick to pass it and give the ball up. Our offense is a little different where a lot of the offense went through Hedo.

Jameer can play better than he has. And, last year he was starting to show it. He will improve over last season. He is a top point guard in this league and soon no one will be questioning his abilities.

He did make the all star team and I thought that he was just starting to get it going. I think he still has a lot more upside - he just needs to play as a go to guy - he is not a role player - he can make things happen for other guys, but he is best as a scorer and a go to guy.

On the other hand, when Hedo tried to be a go to guy - he was better as a role player and he was a very good role player and could put up points, but Hedo was not a great pressure go to guy - Nelson is that, but at times Nelson thinks he needs to be a pass first point guard.

Nelson should try and score over 20 points a night like Steve Nash and Chris Paul - none of this disappearing like he has done in his career for periods of time - he needs to be an offensive weapon and hustle on defense. He can be a one man wrecking crew if he goes out and does it and doesn't hold back or defer to other guys.

When he is focused on scoring - he ends up getting more assists and the other guys love it as they get much easier opportunities and teams trying to deal with Nelson don't know what to do. Also, when he is scoring first he doesn't necessarily have to put up a ton of shots after he gets it going.

I agree with you. I too thought I saw glimpses that were very Nash/Paul like. If he hadn't been injured, I believe he would have gotten there, but as it stands, he was on the cusp of that break through. Hopefully he will be back there again this season and actually achieve that breakthrough.

Gotta say, I agree with Knappy on this one. I can see Jameer reaching a Steve Nash type level at full potential..... It took Nash a good 5 yrs before he hit his stride, and 10 yrs before he really started peaking. Jameer is getting better, so I see no reason to put a limit on where he could peak.

quote:
Originally posted by lemanyak:

Wow,after Hedo fans(I personally found him good)there are now Jameer fans

No, there's just Knappy. He's his own special kind of nuts.