Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Summer 2009 Magic Wish List

To clarify what I wrote, I want a more traditional STARTING line-up with Lewis starting at the 3, a newly acquired Haslem type starting at the 4 and newly signed Turk off the bench. Sorry for the confusion. Why do I want that? IMO, Lewis would dominate at the 3 because he could shoot the daggers and is the best low post 3 in the game ... or at least he was in Seattle before we moved him to the 4. Also I think it is obvious Turk is almost all offense, which would lend itself to him being better off the bench. Either way, I believe we have to get a 4 to give us the option to go more traditional.

Oh and one more thing.... Assuming Otis is going to trade Rafer, like multiple media outlets say, I would like Otis to get a mid to late first rounder and draft Ty Lawson or Darren Collison as our back-up pg of the future. Seems like good value for the $.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

To clarify what I wrote, I want a more traditional STARTING line-up with Lewis starting at the 3, a newly acquired Haslem type starting at the 4 and newly signed Turk off the bench. Sorry for the confusion. Why do I want that? IMO, Lewis would dominate at the 3 because he could shoot the daggers and is the best low post 3 in the game ... or at least he was in Seattle before we moved him to the 4. Also I think it is obvious Turk is almost all offense, which would lend itself to him being better off the bench. Either way, I believe we have to get a 4 to give us the option to go more traditional.

Oh and one more thing.... Assuming Otis is going to trade Rafer, like multiple media outlets say, I would like Otis to get a mid to late first rounder and draft Ty Lawson or Darren Collison as our back-up pg of the future. Seems like good value for the $.

Why do you want another small pg? why not Teague, Maynor or Calathes?

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

Honestly, I don't know much about the other guys except from the draft gurus. As long as he can defend, shoot the 3, and pass, I'm good with him.

And speaking of the draft gurus, how in the heck is Lawson so low??? He DOMINATED the NCAA tournament and led his team to championship. To me, he looks like the second coming of Meer.

quote:

quote:

Honestly, I don't know much about the other guys except from the draft gurus. As long as he can defend, shoot the 3, and pass, I'm good with him.

And speaking of the draft gurus, how in the heck is Lawson so low??? He DOMINATED the NCAA tournament and led his team to championship. To me, he looks like the second coming of Meer.

The thing is, lawson has blinding quickness, absurd athleticism, great vision and passing ability BUT, he cant shoot or defend bigger PG's. You'd have to have strict running offense to feature him in the lineup. Plus, he's a little injury prone. He will be another Jameer that proves doubters wrong

If we're getting a small PG, I want Patty Mills. He reminds me so much of Jameer, plus he has a great accent. We need another good accent to replace the potential loss of Hedo and Gortat.

Another I'm for is Darren Collison. Reminds me of Darrell.

quote:
Originally posted by Mac Man:

Sign and Trade Hedo for T. Murphy and Trade Nelson for Hinrich thats my wish list

I've decided Mac Man is either a Cavs or Celtics fan at heart and is posting on our boards just to annoy us.

Mac Man surely isn't an Orlando fan. Who would want to downgrade our team so badly? You can't seriously think we'd be better as a team with Hinrich running the point rather than Nelson, or Hedo gone and Murphy in. This team went to the FINALS even without our ALL-STAR PG Nelson. Why would you want to get rid of him?

quote:

quote:

Our man is Toney Douglas from Florida State.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

quote:
Originally posted by Mac Man:

Sign and Trade Hedo for T. Murphy and Trade Nelson for Hinrich thats my wish list

I've decided Mac Man is either a Cavs or Celtics fan at heart and is posting on our boards just to annoy us.

Mac Man surely isn't an Orlando fan. Who would want to downgrade our team so badly? You can't seriously think we'd be better as a team with Hinrich running the point rather than Nelson, or Hedo gone and Murphy in. This team went to the FINALS even without our ALL-STAR PG Nelson. Why would you want to get rid of him?

He's a Magic fan, he's just retarded.

quote:

I think we'd be a better team with Lewis at SF in a traditional line-up. If we resign Turk, I'd like him off the bench. I also wish Alston and SVG hadn't gotten into a spat over the last two weeks b/c I wanted to see a Meer and Alston tandem next year. Oh well. Here is to a hope-filled Magic summer!

What if we get a traditional PF, played Lewis at SF and Turkoglu at SG? I mean, we have seen Turkoglu play Point Forward...why not SG? Excuse me if my question is stupid...

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

What if we get a traditional PF, played Lewis at SF and Turkoglu at SG? I mean, we have seen Turkoglu play Point Forward...why not SG? Excuse me if my question is stupid...

Or maybe I have been playing too much NBA Live...a lineup of Howard, Kwame Brown (picked him up as FA...only one I could afford), Lewis, Turkoglu and Nelson has worked well for me...LOL.

quote:

quote:

Or maybe I have been playing too much NBA Live...a lineup of Howard, Kwame Brown (picked him up as FA...only one I could afford), Lewis, Turkoglu and Nelson has worked well for me...LOL.

Yeah it's NBA live lol.... But you can pick up someone with the MLE and trade them to get a really good player with a high price tag. I signed Walter Hermann to the MLE and traded him for Courtney Lee because I didnt have enought o re-sign him.