Sign in to follow this  
Blue Blood

NOT SO BREAKING NEWS: Hedo Turkoglu will opt out

As long as someone doesn't throw something INSANE at him, like 16 million per or something, there's no way he's leaving Orlando.

I think all the money offered will be about the same, and at the end of the day, Turk will stay in Orlando for all the other reasons that are important to him. His defined role in the offense, comfort for his family, the weather, playing with Dwight, a coach that trusts in him 100%, etc. etc.

I'm more worried about the length of the contract, rather than the dolla signs. A frontloaded 10-12 million dollar contract at 3 or 4 years (not 5), and I won't blink an eye.

When it's all said and done, the Magic having that new Events Center and the extra revenue that comes with it will be the primary reason Hedo Turkoglu is resigned with the Orlando Magic, I believe.

Szczerbiak contract is minnsota's retardness, big ben's 14 mil is chicago's retardness, ok, and now it's orlando's 2nd retardness is coming after paying 118 mil to shard, they will pay +10 mil for hedo...

everyone is retarded but you are the clever one ha, lol ... if your best guy in the nba final series does not worth to 10 mil, who do you think deserve in this team +10 mil!!!

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

That was minnesota being retarted.

Noway Otis is stupid enough to sign Hedo to 10 mil.

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

quote:
Originally posted by Wescoat:

quote:
Originally posted by jackie69:

quote:
Originally posted by Wescoat:

Am I the only one who would be happy to see him go? His agent is speaking as if he won't return to orlando, at least that is what I've percieved from his words and tone. Let him go and sign a true PF. We don't need a terrible defender.

So, if you don`t want a terrible defender, first you should get rid of Rashard and Jameer. On the other hand Hedo is the main core of offense of this team...

Well Shard has been mismatched being in the PF position and has escaped some tough battles but he is still more valuable than Turkoglu when he wants to be. Jameer is an excellent shooter and has much energy and IQ to play his position. Don't judge him by his performance coming from surgery and not playing for months. Hedo was the main core in the finals (both ecf and NBAF) but for most of the playoffs he was spotty and only had a game saver here and there.

I am not gonna judge you or say you are an idiot, lol. Because you can not really know Hedo as well as me. If you knew him, you would never be surprised when he shows up when it matters the most. Hedo is a winner, Hedo will never hide when It is the biggest game. As I saw Rashard and even Dwight disappeared in the finals. Don't tell me Dwight was overmatched!

I agree. It seemed Dwight was more interested in talking about his new shoe line, his camp he is doing, or his NBA Live cover. He was stargazed, in my opinion.

I knew that something was up with Hedo. Every time the topic came up he would look away and shake his head. It looked like a very uncomfortable topic for him at the time. I can't blame him for shopping around. After all... in these days, there is no team loyalty anymore. Just the almighty dollar.

I think that turk is worth 10mil. He does a lot at 6"10. But I wouldn't go over 10 because I think we could get players at 10mil that can have an impact for our team like odom- even ariza at 5-7mil at as a young core again.

That would be funny to get players from the team that just whooped you, and getting ariza after trading him. We could become better then the lakers by making our selves better and decreasing the lakers talent at the same time.

odis is a turk fan so I think he will try to keep him here. Time will tell

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

I think that turk is worth 10mil. He does a lot at 6"10. But I wouldn't go over 10 because I think we could get players at 10mil that can have an impact for our team like odom- even ariza at 5-7mil at as a young core again.

That would be funny to get players from the team that just whooped you, and getting ariza after trading him. We could become better then the lakers by making our selves better and decreasing the lakers talent at the same time.

odis is a turk fan so I think he will try to keep him here. Time will tell

Swap Hedo with Ariza = Lakers wins 9 out of 10 times

Swap Rashard with Odom = Magic wins 9 out of 10 times

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

We could get AI for the vets min at this point. And even then, I wouldn't want him.

I wouldn't want AI here if he paid us to be here.

quote:
Originally posted by iChef:

I knew that something was up with Hedo. Every time the topic came up he would look away and shake his head. It looked like a very uncomfortable topic for him at the time. I can't blame him for shopping around. After all... in these days, there is no team loyalty anymore. Just the almighty dollar.

Not so mighty anymore

Hedo said on Turkish TV that he is happy in Orlando and wants to stay there. Plus, Hedo is an important part of an important team, so I don't think he will opt out just for the sake of getting a couple of millon dollars more.

quote:
Originally posted by satkingdom:

Hedo said on Turkish TV that he is happy in Orlando and wants to stay there. Plus, Hedo is an important part of an important team, so I don't think he will opt out just for the sake of getting a couple of millon dollars more.

yeah he will. How many more years has he got left and besides in his interview yesterday he said he has to look after himself and his family so remind me again how much a championship is worth against $10m?

Having said thatI thknk both he and Otis could well come to a mutual arrangment where he does stay but not at all costs.

quote:
Originally posted by magicintheuk:

quote:
Originally posted by satkingdom:

yeah he will. How many more years has he got left and besides in his interview yesterday he said he has to look after himself and his family so remind me again how much a championship is worth against $10m?

Having said thatI thknk both he and Otis could well come to a mutual arrangment where he does stay but not at all costs.

10 in how many years? The difference won't be more than two million per annum. He will have made almost 100 million dolars when his career ends. That is enough for his family I suppose. A ring is more important than an extra 10 million for a person who have 100 milion$