Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Report: Suns, Cavs Talking Shaq

When it comes to playing against the Magic, the Cavs would be much.. MUCH better off with Rasheed Wallace than Shaquille O'Neal.

I would love to see this. Let's see, Cav's have trouble with us because they lack a center fast enough to keep up with Dwight so please by all means get one of the few guys slower than Z.

quote:
Originally posted by GibsonForThr33:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I hope the Cavs do get Shaq, one less team to worry about in the East.

How do you figure?

Because all Shaq is now is a name, and a name isn't going to help you guys.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

So, whats in it for the Suns?

money. supposedly Pavlovic and Big Ben are part of this trade, and potentially Delonte West. Pavlovic is only guaranteed 1.29 mil. out of his 4.5 mil. contract. Big Ben will make about 15 mil. next year, which is the final year of his contract

I don't see how this move helps Cleveland keep LeBron in 2010. Shaqs contract expires in 2011 so i don't think and old worn out Shaquille O'Neal for an extra year is going to be enough to convince LeBron to stay.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

I don't see how this move helps Cleveland keep LeBron in 2010. Shaqs contract expires in 2011 so i don't think and old worn out Shaquille O'Neal for an extra year is going to be enough to convince LeBron to stay.

It helps if they win. Period. LeBron will go to what ever team can pay him and gives him a good chance at title contention. If Cleveland shows that they are willing to keep going with a ridiculous payroll, and can spend that money on players that bring a title to Cleveland, they have a better than average chance at keeping him around.

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

and potentially Delonte West.

No way on earth the cavs would trade Delonte West for Shaq or any other guy older than 30. The cavs are absolutely in love with West and it would take some sort of Bosh or Amare offer to pry him away from the cavs, and to be honest, I would probably even give up Mo Williams for one of those guys before Delonte, but maybe I am just being stupid.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

and potentially Delonte West.

No way on earth the cavs would trade Delonte West for Shaq or any other guy older than 30. The cavs are absolutely in love with West and it would take some sort of Bosh or Amare offer to pry him away from the cavs, and to be honest, I would probably even give up Mo Williams for one of those guys before Delonte, but maybe I am just being stupid.

Your not stupid... Mo Williams is extremely overated and the Cavs should upgrade their front line using the overated Mo in trade bait. Some dumb GM will bite.

Maybe Cavs can pry Jefferson away for Mo.

Mo < West

Mo = O-VER-RA-TED

If Mo was as good as he is percieved, then a back court of Mo and Redd should have dominated.

I think this trade really shows the mentality of the Cavs front office.

If this doesn't scream "Title or bust," (as in even THEY are positive that LBJ leaves if there's no Cavs NBA Championship next year) then I don't know what else would.

But there's just no way.. NO way that this was a bad trade for Cleveland, because look at what left. Pavlovic is decent, but the Cavs have got plenty of guards, so he won't be terribly missed. And dumping the suddenly worthless Ben Wallace and his equally horrific 14 million dollar contract is pretty much worth the move alone!

I just don't think it's enough to actually win the NBA Championship next year, that's all.