Sign in to follow this  
ALPHA OMEGA theEND forOtis

Stan Van Gundy has a lack of confidence in himself and he is the master of panic.

Like i said before, the +- stat is VERY overrated. I get tired of people using that as an example of how well someone played. It doesn't make sense in a single game. Maybe over a full season the number would be more accurate.

quote:
Originally posted by ALPHA OMEGA theEND forOtis:

We have seen these series for a while and we have to definately sit down and put our players aside and question the lack of faith that Van Gundy has. Just go back to the series where Howard questioned "Stan's inability to stick to a succesful lineup". This comment was so evident through all these series, specially after a must win game last night.

One thing is having the ability to coach, and devise plans, which I must admit that Stan does it better than most. Another thing is to have a lack of faith in some of your players. The move to bring Jameer Nelson to these series was not bad in my opinion, and nor should it be used as an scapegoat to bash Stan; however, sticking to Jameer for the last minutes of the 3rd quarter, all of 4th and overtime is definately a big coaching mistake. Why was this a mistake? The simple fact that Jameer Nelson still shows a lack of improvement to not move that ball quickly, and the fact that Jameer Nelson was consistently burning off the clock with his 50 dribbles. That ball was moving so much better with Rafer; in addition, Rafer defended Fisher pretty well all series. I bet you that if Rafer was guarding Fisher then we would have not seen those 3 pointers go off.

In the end we can definately point the fingers at other players as well for not stepping up in the limelight. This is their show and they will gain massive accolades for winning, and and the finger when they lose. Nevertheless, Stan Refused to foul in a play where most coaches would foul, and he kept Rafer out of the game when he was obviously defending Fisher well for most of the series. This is unacceptable in my ways from a coaching stand point and should never be repeated again for the sake of his job. Now we know why he is the "master of panic".

Okay Carlos Arroyo....

First Nelson was injured... before his injury he earned the title of an "All-Star" pg, who shredded LA, SA, CLE, and etc.

Second, Alston must have killed his double "skip to my lou"... because Alston did "NOTHING" in the 3rd qtr, except run real fast,stop, wait on the 3, then pass to turk, who by the had Ariza all over him...

"Hello Force Pass, Careless Turn Over"

Alston Assists: 2....

So Alston didnt deserve to be in the game, the 3rd qtr is what lost us this game...

We were outscored by 16 in that qtr... 16!

Third, How can any coach devise a plan. when your players are simply not executing and making careless mistakes....

Sorry Killa, but that C.Lee last play to almost steal a game and many game winning plays before that, makes SVG a pretty smart guy.... Master of Panic... You dont get to the finals Panicing

Everything is a work in progress, we win either way...

If we lose this series, then this becomes motivation and the drive for everyone to get even better.....

Lakers are good, but Kobe is over 30.... There isnt enough talent in the FA to help CLE.... Boston is Turning into dust..... SA.... well they are drying up...

That leaves us... to take up the slack.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

quote:

We have seen these series for a while and we have to definately sit down and put our players aside and question the lack of faith that Van Gundy has. Just go back to the series where Howard questioned "Stan's inability to stick to a succesful lineup". This comment was so evident through all these series, specially after a must win game last night.

One thing is having the ability to coach, and devise plans, which I must admit that Stan does it better than most. Another thing is to have a lack of faith in some of your players. The move to bring Jameer Nelson to these series was not bad in my opinion, and nor should it be used as an scapegoat to bash Stan; however, sticking to Jameer for the last minutes of the 3rd quarter, all of 4th and overtime is definately a big coaching mistake. Why was this a mistake? The simple fact that Jameer Nelson still shows a lack of improvement to not move that ball quickly, and the fact that Jameer Nelson was consistently burning off the clock with his 50 dribbles. That ball was moving so much better with Rafer; in addition, Rafer defended Fisher pretty well all series. I bet you that if Rafer was guarding Fisher then we would have not seen those 3 pointers go off.

In the end we can definately point the fingers at other players as well for not stepping up in the limelight. This is their show and they will gain massive accolades for winning, and and the finger when they lose. Nevertheless, Stan Refused to foul in a play where most coaches would foul, and he kept Rafer out of the game when he was obviously defending Fisher well for most of the series. This is unacceptable in my ways from a coaching stand point and should never be repeated again for the sake of his job. Now we know why he is the "master of panic".

Okay Carlos Arroyo....

First Nelson was injured... before his injury he earned the title of an "All-Star" pg, who shredded LA, SA, CLE, and etc.

Second, Alston must have killed his double "skip to my lou"... because Alston did "NOTHING" in the 3rd qtr, except run real fast,stop, wait on the 3, then pass to turk, who by the had Ariza all over him...

"Hello Force Pass, Careless Turn Over"

Alston Assists: 2....

So Alston didnt deserve to be in the game, the 3rd qtr is what lost us this game...

We were outscored by 16 in that qtr... 16!

Third, How can any coach devise a plan. when your players are simply not executing and making careless mistakes....

Sorry Killa, but that C.Lee last play to almost steal a game and many game winning plays before that, makes SVG a pretty smart guy.... Master of Panic... You dont get to the finals Panicing

Everything is a work in progress, we win either way...

If we lose this series, then this becomes motivation and the drive for everyone to get even better.....

Lakers are good, but Kobe is over 30.... There isnt enough talent in the FA to help CLE.... Boston is Turning into dust..... SA.... well they are drying up...

That leaves us... to take up the slack.

If things come down to that, Denver may have to differ.

Anyway, our PG play wasn't good, but I still don't think Jameer is any good if he cannot score, he's still a defensive liability.

I can't belive how easy it was to Fisher to put up a clutch 3 and tie the game in regulation. Wow, I can't remember an easier 3pt shot at the end of a game... maybe Horry in '05 when Sheed left him open? Idk, unbelievable.

That's both on coaching and Jameer IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Van Gundy is over-rated. He is holding this team back... Without Stan coaching, I bet this team would make it to the finals.

Now Billy Donovan would've been able to lead this team over the Celtics and Cavs.

quote:
Originally posted by Bauncey Chillups:

When's the last time a team without a superstar offensive player made it to the Finals?

2004 & 2005 Detroit Pistons. I believe none of those guys averaged more than 15 to 17 pts per game individually.

quote:

Are you Shaq? I knew it, you are Shaq arn't you?

Ill agree with one of the posters on here that Jameer is pretty ineffective if he doesn't at least look for his shot. He distributed the ball half way decent at the end, but if he can't keep the defense true and look for his shot, i'd honestly rather have AJ out there.

At least the defense respects his shot somewhat.

I love Jameer and what he has done for us, but if he cant keep the defense honest, we may be better off to look at other options right now.

wow these threads really need to stop. van gundy is a great coach he got us to the finals!! he wasnt the one who turned the ball over and missed the free throws. Everygame besides game 1 he has put us in a great position to win