Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Kareem calls out Howard for play - ESPN

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Translation:

I'm a bitter old legend. I resent these guys because they make more in a year than I ever did. Players back in my day were 1000x better. Who cares how insanely athletic they are, I could hit a sky f'in hook baby!!!

Kareem, why don't you go tell your story about how you scored 30 a night walking up & down the floor against 6'7 centers to Jim Brown and he can tell you his stories about how he used to dominate the NFL as a 245 pound running back when that was the average size of offensive/defensive lineman.

i doubt that he's bitter. i think he just giving his honest opinion, and he's actually right. dwight does have a very predictable offensive game, he goes to his right every time. why do you think they been doing a good job on him this series?

Logic speaks for itself..

Dwight needs to work on his post game..it's not a rocket science really.

The articles title was misleading. All he said is that Howard needs to improve his offensive game which to him is still a bit raw.

The title should read "Kareem believes Howard has much to improve."

It's just ESPN trying to start something.

If ESPN wants to start something, how about I walk over to Stuart Scott and punch him in his good eye. Of course I do not know which one his good eye is. Then we will be on the same level as Raider and Eagle fan.

quote:

quote:

Translation:

I'm a bitter old legend. I resent these guys because they make more in a year than I ever did. Players back in my day were 1000x better. Who cares how insanely athletic they are, I could hit a sky f'in hook baby!!!

Kareem, why don't you go tell your story about how you scored 30 a night walking up & down the floor against 6'7 centers to Jim Brown and he can tell you his stories about how he used to dominate the NFL as a 245 pound running back when that was the average size of offensive/defensive lineman.

i doubt that he's bitter. i think he just giving his honest opinion, and he's actually right. dwight does have a very predictable offensive game, he goes to his right every time. why do you think they been doing a good job on him this series?

Ok, here are Dwight's defensive opponent's thoughts.

1. Dwight is gonna go right, so I have to be ready.

2. Dwight is going right, so I have to get in front of him.

3. Dwight just went right and I am gonna reach up and block now.

4. Dang that guy can jump.

5. Did he just dunk on me?

6. But at least he can't go to his left.

quote:

quote:

Translation:

Because the Lakers have quick enough big men to front Dwight and they drop Kobe Bryant on the back side of the play who is fast enough to recover to his man when the ball swings. When they don't front, Gasol forces Dwight to roll across the lane away from the basket for tough shots. That is just good defense. Everyone fails to remember the clinic that Dwight put on in Cleveland against a weaker defensive team. LA Plays solid team D and it's frustrating the hell out of Dwight.

On the other topic of this thread, I watched Dwight make at least four different post moves in the first half of game three. He can drop step to his right and finish with a baby hook of the glass with his left, drop step to the left of the rim and spin back to the middle for right handed lay ups or dunks, and then the obvious running hook in the lane from both sides of the rim.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

quote:

quote:

Translation:

Sure works for some, but he's also stripped a lot of times (see this Finals) and if they get to keep him at certain distance from the basket there's little he can do.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

quote:

quote:

Translation:

Sure works for some, but he's also stripped a lot of times (see this Finals) and if they get to keep him at certain distance from the basket there's little he can do.

And there's the difference between Dwight's era & Kareems...they play defense! Teams zone the paint, are much more physical on the block, & team strats are about 1000x more advanced.

I'm not saying Kareem wouldn't still be very good in this era, but let Sheed & Kendrick Perkins ride his azz out to the ft line on a shot he started on the block and see if he doesn't lose a little accuracy.