Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

With Brian gone we can now discuss Carlos again?

You're setting yourself up for dissapointment Knappy! Wait until he IS gone...AND we have a new, good coach. Knowing the Magic's history of coaching decision making, there is still ALOT of room to mess this up. Lets see how this plays out before we get too excited

Too right, Robo. Knappy: you remember what the Magic went through after they got rid of Hill last time? Yeah: THOSE were good times.

Here's hoping they break the mold and actually get someone who wasn't pulled off the bag-line at the local supermarket.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

You're setting yourself up for dissapointment Knappy! Wait until he IS gone...AND we have a new, good coach. Knowing the Magic's history of coaching decision making, there is still ALOT of room to mess this up. Lets see how this plays out before we get too excited

I think it will be tricky either way. A new coach will probably get rid of either Dooling or Carlos. Hopefully Otis is able to keep Travis just incase Jameer does not work out as the PG. That would make a lot of sense.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

The new coach might like him. Keep in mind that Chucky Atkins is available as a back up.

Good point, with Chucky available, I would rid ourselves of Carlos and Keyon just to make more cap room. Then I would do what I could to bring back Travis and Chucky.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

The new coach might like him. Keep in mind that Chucky Atkins is available as a back up.

Good point, with Chucky available, I would rid ourselves of Carlos and Keyon just to make more cap room. Then I would do what I could to bring back Travis and Chucky.

we cant get rid of dooling, he was one of our only bright spots in the playoffs.

I agree, Dooling really proved himself to me to be a capable backup this season.. and his biggest strength is the ability to play SG or PG. He can cover up almost any minor inury in the backcourt that may happen during the course of a season effectively. JJ gets hurt for a week? Dooling's your backup SG. Jameer gets hurt for a week? Keyon's your backup (or starting) point guard.

Now Bogans or Carlos and his 4 million $ contract... I wouldn't mind seeing either of them traded.

I really think Carlos is going to be traded to clear up capspace this summer regardless. Bhnole brought up in a earlier thread that Miami has a trade exemption (meaning that salaries don't have to match) and they clearly need a point guard. It seems to make sense for both sides.