Sign in to follow this  
AcuWill

Props to CLee

lee is doing just fine ....i think the mental mistakes are more from him playing in his 90th something game and being a rookie...nice to finally find a gem in the draft

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I appreciate SVG giving everybody the green light, but these guys should understand their roles as well. Where this team hurts itself more often than not is when role players come up empty on multiple possessions consecutively.

Interesting take. I think I've noticed this without ever really consciously thinking about it.

But I guess you have to say that sometimes it works, and hey, we're in the Finals.

Every player on that floor - at any given time - is given the green light, more or less. And yes, it definitely causes guys to get too excited and mess things up every now and again. But how many times have we seen it work? Rafer against Cleveland? Lee against Philly? Pietrus basically throughout the entire playoffs? You could argue it works more than it doesn't.

I think the verdict has to ultimately be that SVG isn't going to change anything regardless of what transpires in a particular game.

quote:
Only thing I didn't like was immediately after that great take and slam...Lee got amped, forced the issue, made like 3-4 consecutive mistakes, & cost the Magic several possessions.

It's called being a rookie.

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I appreciate SVG giving everybody the green light, but these guys should understand their roles as well. Where this team hurts itself more often than not is when role players come up empty on multiple possessions consecutively.

Interesting take. I think I've noticed this without ever really consciously thinking about it.

But I guess you have to say that sometimes it works, and hey, we're in the Finals.

Every player on that floor - at any given time - is given the green light, more or less. And yes, it definitely causes guys to get too excited and mess things up every now and again. But how many times have we seen it work? Rafer against Cleveland? Lee against Philly? Pietrus basically throughout the entire playoffs? You could argue it works more than it doesn't.

I think the verdict has to ultimately be that SVG isn't going to change anything regardless of what transpires in a particular game.

You're highlighting guys when they were hot. Like tonight, Rafer was feeling it, keep firing as long as you are still taking quality shots.

The problem comes when AJ, Battie, Lee, JJ, or Pietrus miss consecutive shots or a string of shots combined. I can't even count how many times AJ & Battie have combined for 3+ waisted possessions in a row this season.

IMO, a HUGE factor in Pietrus being more effective offensively in the playoffs, and earning SVG's trust has come from him passing on shots after he's missed, & not stringing multiple misses together.

My only comment is that Lee was fouled on that jumpshot right after the dunk. He was talking to the officials about it which is something he rarely does, so I would bet there was something there that they missed. The turnover on the next possession was all on him though.

Here, Here!!!...What a job he did helping on Kobe last night!!!

That boy spent every ounce of energy he had trying to help keep Kobe under control...his effort was relentless.

So proud of him!!!

I wouldn't of bought his authentic jersey if I didn't think he was going to be a stud in years to come. He's got a really good work ethic on the court and never gives up, that attitude will take him far with the magic. My guess is he will be an all-star in the next few seasons.