Sign in to follow this  
Catman Forever

This time, there's no denying it...

When our many detractors said Boston was a better team, I knew better. Same with Cleveland. However, we have got our hands full with these Los Angeles Lakers. They are a superior basketball team.

This is not a "sky is falling" post; I'm not in panic-mode. I think it is possible that we can win this series, but we are going to have to play the kind of basketball we did vs. Philly in game 6, Boston in game 7, and Cleveland in game 6.

SVG got outcoached last night and overplayed a rusty Jameer Nelson. Hedo and Rashard went AWOL, Dwight got taken out of his game, and it's a sad state of affairs when JJ is the lone bright spot on the defensive end.

There is a chance that we can recover from last night's humiliation and take this series, but we are going to have to show up more focused and determined on Sunday night. It's been a fantastic season and I would hate to see it come to an end this way.

When our many detractors said Boston was a better team, I knew better. Same with Cleveland. However, we have got our hands full with these Los Angeles Lakers. They are a superior basketball team.

This is not a "sky is falling" post; I'm not in panic-mode. I think it is possible that we can win this series, but we are going to have to play the kind of basketball we did vs. Philly in game 6, Boston in game 7, and Cleveland in game 6.

SVG got outcoached last night and overplayed a rusty Jameer Nelson. Hedo and Rashard went AWOL, Dwight got taken out of his game, and it's a sad state of affairs when JJ is the lone bright spot on the defensive end.

There is a chance that we can recover from last night's humiliation and take this series, but we are going to have to show up more focused and determined on Sunday night. It's been a fantastic season and I would hate to see it come to an end this way.

I have played a lot of basketball. There are just nights like that. Kobe made almost made more shots than the entire Magic team did.

We shot 29% and only lost by 25. I know that sounds stupid but we should have lost by about 40. They still only scored 100 as well.

97 if you take out that last second three

Relax...

The Lakers are a soft team that played a Magic team that was asleep. We just need to shadow their role players and make Kobe drop 40 every night.

We are going to win game 2.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Relax...

The Lakers are a soft team that played a Magic team that was asleep. We just need to shadow their role players and make Kobe drop 40 every night.

I agree. It certainly worked for us against LeBron and the Cavs.

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the better team. I thought Phil Jackson pulled all the right strings and the players executed his game plan flawlessly. However you just have to believe Dwight, Rashard, and Hedo can play better. You just have to.

The main difference in this series compared to the Cavs series is the Lakers have more size and much better size than the Cavs.

quote:

Relax...

Yeah that's the problem is the Magic didn't stop the non-Kobe Lakers whatsoever. Almost all of them shot over 50 percent (except Ariza).

You can live with what Kobe did, but the ball movement, rebounding, and defense on everyone else has to be far, far better.

This reminded me of Game 2 of the Celtics series. About how thoroughly frustrated I was that the Magic basically gifted the Celtics a home game for them.

But they won that series as I recall, in seven, IN Boston.

Game 1 v. the Lakers = Game 5 v. the Cavs.

If game 5 v. the Cavs would have been game 1 v. the Cavs, we would have thought the same way.

Game 2 v. the Lakers = Game 6 v. the Cavs.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

Game 1 v. the Lakers = Game 5 v. the Cavs.

If game 5 v. the Cavs would have been game 1 v. the Cavs, we would have thought the same way.

Game 2 v. the Lakers = Game 6 v. the Cavs.

I'll just be happy if Game 2 v. the Lakers = Game 1 v. the Cavs.

I'll take a last few-seconds left shot for the win, and do it without shame. Not sure if my HEART could take it, but...

@Catman: I agree 100%.

I don't think Hedo AND Rashard AND Dwight will have a bag game again this sunday.

Lakers can't be shooting this good every night.

Let's win game 2!

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

Relax...

Yeah that's the problem is the Magic didn't stop the non-Kobe Lakers whatsoever. Almost all of them shot over 50 percent (except Ariza).

You can live with what Kobe did, but the ball movement, rebounding, and defense on everyone else has to be far, far better.

This reminded me of Game 2 of the Celtics series. About how thoroughly frustrated I was that the Magic basically gifted the Celtics a home game for them.

But they won that series as I recall, in seven, IN Boston.

Having Luke Walton beat you is unacceptable. That being said, 43-1 should be the new rallying cry.

Lock everyone else up, rebound the basketball and get some buckets in transition, and shoot better, and we'll win game 2.