Sign in to follow this  
NBAMagic47

Activating Jameer "COST" the Magic this series

I'm starting not to like Nelson. It's a very selfish move to want to come back after all the hard work the team has put in after he got hurt. No way he can be that productive after four months sitting out, and he knows it. He saw the limelight(The Finals) and couldn't resist the temptation.

How I wish AJ would of played this series, because people do forget how terrible he has been this postseason. WE have played in now 3 straight close games, we have come out on the wrong side of the stick. Its tough but we are hanging with LA.

How can you say that AJ sucked in the postseason and then say that Jameer has been any better?

AJ gives us a better chance to win than Jameer, plain and simple.

Noway in hell does AJ give us a better chance to win any games in the Finals then meer does. That is ludicrous. AJ has probally the most *****ed about player this entire year.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Noway in hell does AJ give us a better chance to win any games in the Finals then meer does. That is ludicrous. AJ has probally the most *****ed about player this entire year.

Yes, this speaks volumes about how Jameer has played. He just is not aggressive enough to play IMO. He wasn't a threat out there. He had 2 good offensive plays, and the rest it seemed like he is just walking the ball up the court. Oh and his defense sucked too.

Not playing Alston really really hurt us.

Sure, everyone could've stepped up and made a shot or a FT, but STAN VAN GUNDY blew the game by leaving our most dangerous and effective Point Guard (Alston) on the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

No effort I counted at least 5 different occasions where meer pushed the ball and got it to the right man, his energy was great. He was not the problem, and blaming meer is very narrow-minded. He is a cop out plain and simple. But one man doesnt lose you a game, that is the beauty of basketball it is a team sport. And the team lost that game last night.

i like Jameer just as much as the next person, but facts are facts. Jameer played Turkoglu-ish defense on Fisher's first 3, barely put a hand up. And on the one that closed it out, yes Kobe elbowed him, but he wasn't on Fisher the entire play. I was screaming in vain at the TV for him to get back on Fisher. So I put last night on missed free throws and Jameer's lack of defense.

I'd say turnovers and missed free throws cost us this game more than Jameer "not being aggressive"

Nelson didn't miss any FTs (none attempted) and turned the ball over once. Dwight missed 8 free throws and had 7 turnovers.

The loss can't be put on any individual, just like wins can't be put on any individual. The team as a whole lost this game, and for that very reason I expect this TEAM to force a game 7.

This last game especially, Man he was in WAY TO LONG, it messed with the rythmn.

Listem, Jameer is a great Player but I truley believe that when Jameer was in we lost due to the rythmn of the game, we kept on sinking. If we would have went to Alston we would have been in better shape a better feel.

I'm soory but Jameer was not ready for the Playoffs. KEEP HIM OUT!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

I don't know what richnba is reading. Noone is blaming Jameer, I am blaming STAN for not having his best 5 players on the floor at the end of the game.

You think Jameer played better than Rafer???......crack kills

no j/k but I honestly don't think it's even close.

Agree Stan...I don't think anybody here is blaming Jameer...I know I'm not...I'm blaming Stan for not having his best 5 guys on the floor and certainly a better and "taller" defender in Alston which would have helped on the Fisher 3-point attempt at the end of regulation.

And I'll say it again...it was obvious to me and all the guys sitting around me that Rafer was an un-happy camper...whether the players or media will come out and say it...I saw team dissension on the Magic bench last night.

And again, I fault Stav Van Gundy for this problem and the mis-handling of our pg situation in these Finals.

Still hoping we can now win 3 in a row...

And it's not his fault, I dont blame meer, I blame the guys who activated!!!

you got it?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

I don't know what richnba is reading. Noone is blaming Jameer,

The title of the thread is "Activating Jameer 'COST' the Magic this series".