Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Seriously... An Orlando Magic "Greatest Hits" Album

quote:
Some Orlando Magic fans, and a whole lot of non-Magic fans likely don't realize this, but Orlando's upper management has been known, in the past, to do somethings that were, to put it bluntly, bafflingly insane. This is a team after all that traded Anderson Varejao and Drew Gooden for Tony Battie.

But the team has never done anything quite as bafflingly crazy as deciding, as some sort of bizarre celebration of being a team for almost 10 years, to release a greatest hits album. No seriously, that happened:

355389.jpg

Most people would struggle to believe that this really existed.

To put into perspective how stupid this idea was, notice the bottom right corner. "Rockin' the O-rena!". This is important, because the album was released in 1998. The building stopped being called the O-rena in 1999.

Back on point, at the ripe age of 13 years old, I received this CD as a gift for Christmas, and because you can't give Christmas gifts back to your grandmother because she knows how much you like the team even though even 13 year old you realizes this gift sucks, I put it in a box and never touched it.

I was in Orlando for Memorial Day weekend to visit with family and friends, and I stumbled across the box and the aforementioned album. I brought it back up to Maryland with me out of a kind of morbid curiousity. I've listened to it all the way through now exactly once. I will be writing the remainder of this post as I listen to it for the second time, providing in depth analysis of just how inhumanely bad an album can be.

Track 1: Opening Montage by the Alphabet City Allstars feat. Paul Porter and Micheal Buffer(1:43)

For the track by track breakdown...

http://thepunsarestartingtobor...l-into-insanity.html

Yeah, this is true. Does anyone else have this?

quote:
Some Orlando Magic fans, and a whole lot of non-Magic fans likely don't realize this, but Orlando's upper management has been known, in the past, to do somethings that were, to put it bluntly, bafflingly insane. This is a team after all that traded Anderson Varejao and Drew Gooden for Tony Battie.

But the team has never done anything quite as bafflingly crazy as deciding, as some sort of bizarre celebration of being a team for almost 10 years, to release a greatest hits album. No seriously, that happened:

355389.jpg

Most people would struggle to believe that this really existed.

To put into perspective how stupid this idea was, notice the bottom right corner. "Rockin' the O-rena!". This is important, because the album was released in 1998. The building stopped being called the O-rena in 1999.

Back on point, at the ripe age of 13 years old, I received this CD as a gift for Christmas, and because you can't give Christmas gifts back to your grandmother because she knows how much you like the team even though even 13 year old you realizes this gift sucks, I put it in a box and never touched it.

I was in Orlando for Memorial Day weekend to visit with family and friends, and I stumbled across the box and the aforementioned album. I brought it back up to Maryland with me out of a kind of morbid curiousity. I've listened to it all the way through now exactly once. I will be writing the remainder of this post as I listen to it for the second time, providing in depth analysis of just how inhumanely bad an album can be.

Track 1: Opening Montage by the Alphabet City Allstars feat. Paul Porter and Micheal Buffer(1:43)

For the track by track breakdown...

http://thepunsarestartingtobor...l-into-insanity.html

Yeah, this is true. Does anyone else have this?

I do not have the CD but I do have the Orlando Magic theme song downloaded to my desktop.

I am actually listening to it right now!!

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I do not have the CD but I do have the Orlando Magic theme song downloaded to my desktop.

I am actually listening to it right now!!

Razzzzaaammaatttazzzzz?