Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 4 - Game 1: NBA Finals Game Thread Magic @ Lakers 6/4 9:00 P.M.

The more I hear about the Lakers in 5 or 6, the more I wonder what it'll take to make the rest of the country see how truly talented and deep this team is. I never thought that we would go into Cleveland and take game one, but it happened. I say we continue to win close games and finish this first one off tonight:

Magic - 99

Lakers - 97

Getting off to a good start is crucial in this game. I don't think we can dig out of 20 point holes like we did against the Cavs.

My strategy for the Cleveland game was what SVG did, he shadowed the Cleveland players on offense and forced Lebron to do too much.

Unfortunately this strategy will not work against the Lakers because they have a TRUE all-star in Pau Gasol and not a make believe one in Mo Williams. They will try to pound it inside. I will be looking for Battie and Gortat to get plenty of minutes on Gasol until the 4rth when Howard guards him. I would quickly double team Gasol to make him pass out of the double team and keep Lee and Pietrus glued to Bryant. Maybe send Rafer or Turk to double.

When Lamar Odom is in the game, I would sag off to get him to shoot long range jumpers and hopefully miss them. Sag off of Ariza and Fisher as well, while still staying glued to Kobe. This should frustrate Kobe enough to force his offense.

When the Magic are on offense, I would feed Dwight every time to get Bynum and Mbenga into foul trouble. I do not see Phil putting Gasol on Howard until the 4rth. I see Phil playing his Hack-a-Shaq strategy from the '96 ECF. The difference is he does not have 5 7 footers to throw at Howard. He only has Bynum and Mbenga then Gasol.

The Cavs and Lakers were built to beat the Pistons and Celtics, but not the Magic.

I am 100% certain that if the Magic win game one, we win the Championship! It will be a tremendous psychological advantage throughout the series, as it was against the Lebrons. Go Magic, take that first game and never look back!

Go magic! We'll be watching the game at 4.00 a.m. I always belive in orlando and they are always on the floor for the win.