Sign in to follow this  
secund2nun

One thing everyone forgets...Lebron is better than Kobe

quote:
Originally posted by Sain:

Kobe isn't playing a sub 500 team like lebron in the playoffs. Debate all you want, Kobe is in, Lebron is out.

Kobe > Lebron

Magic > Cavs

Lakers > Cavs

Debate all you want, but Kobe can't even lead his team past the 1st round without either Shaq or both Gasol/Odom.

Lebron>>>>>>Kobe

saying kobe can't lead his team past the 1st round when he did not have gasol is tricky. lakers play out west.

one thing i am anticipating is less fouls for howard as kobe does not barrel into people. kobe will get superstar calls but he'll get it from pietrus and lee, not howard.

quote:
Originally posted by wowski:

saying kobe can't lead his team past the 1st round when he did not have gasol is tricky. lakers play out west.

one thing i am anticipating is less fouls for howard as kobe does not barrel into people. kobe will get superstar calls but he'll get it from pietrus and lee, not howard.

The play out west theory does not work for the Lakers. In the 3 seasons that the team was lead by Kobe and Odom only,they:

Missed the playoffs one year (they should at least be able to get in the playoffs)

Lost to the suns

Lost to the suns WITHOUT amare

The Suns without Amare are not a tough team.

Kobe is better than LBJ the gap is getting closer every passing year though.

LBJ to me is the best open court player but Kobe definitely has better understanding of the game for sure. He is a better shooter he's clutcher, he never gives up..( LBJ in game 6 literally thre in the towel)

Kobe has been so clutch maybe the best clutchest ever. on the other LBJ confessed himself that his buzzer beater in game 2 was by far the best shot of his.

Kobe is a much better jump shooter and clutch player. When Kobe gets hot, no one can stop him. However, this year, he's not as unstoppable as he use to be.

Lebron may be better in every other way possible and his teammates are way worse than Kobe's and Kobe knows how to get them into the game. Lebron hasn't figured that out yet.

Lebron scares me because everytime he drives it's a foul (or the refs call one.) Everytime Kobe shoots, you think it's going in.

This threat is wrong ... Kobe is the best player in the nba. We forget that Kobe has a better team so he doesnt have to do a lot in order for them to win. Lebron is in Kobe's role like Kobe was like two years ago where he needed to do everything for his team in order for them to win. Kobe is the best player period.

whilst I agree, the thread title and overall idea of this is totally inaccurate...

I think I agree with the notion that LeBron presented a harder match up for us night in and night than Kobe may in this series...and the Magic may have maybe just possibly gained from having to face the great LBJ...but I dont know that it will soften the blow much...

Kobe is capable of anything that LBJ is capable of...and he has the ability to do so more efficiently...

but at the end of the day, I do not believe that Kobe will average 38/8/8 against us for the series...not because he can't do it, but because he won't need to necessarily, his cast is far more supportive than LBJ's...Kobe doesn't need the ball 60 times...if Kobe has to score 40 in game 3, than he probably will...and he can do it with turn around jumpers if he wants to...

so in the grand scheme, LBJ was a harder player for this Magic team to deal with individually...Kobe will be a hard cover as well, but in Kobe's case he's an all around great player, with a hell of a team...and that 1 second 3 point game winner wont be a fluke, it will be by design...

I don't get this thread. Kobe is better, especially right now because that's the player the Magic are getting ready to face, and who our team needs to prepare for. I could give a flying flip about Lebron's status at this point, because he is simpy going to be watching and don't understand why we would be discussing it.

quote:
Originally posted by secund2nun:

quote:
Originally posted by wowski:

The play out west theory does not work for the Lakers. In the 3 seasons that the team was lead by Kobe and Odom only,they:

Missed the playoffs one year (they should at least be able to get in the playoffs)

Lost to the suns

Lost to the suns WITHOUT amare

The Suns without Amare are not a tough team.

Wasn't that the Lakers team that had Kwame Brown as starting center and Smush Parker as starting PG?

quote:
Originally posted by Bauncey Chillups:

LeBron is still incredibly stupid sometimes.

How many times did we see him stare down Pietrus for 18 seconds at the top of the key and take an atrocious jumper?

LOL. Very true the "King" is still the prince of the court ... he has some growing up to do to reach king status in my eyes.