Sign in to follow this  
secund2nun

One thing everyone forgets...Lebron is better than Kobe

Most people are assuming that Kobe is equal to or even better than Lebron. It simply isn't true. Lebron is a superior basketball player. I don't care how much hype Kobe gets, that's the truth.

He is faster, more explosive, much stronger, a better passer, better rebounder, he has equal defensive skills but because of his size/speed combo he is a more versatile defender. He also has the ability to harass defenders, even Howard, by using his size and speed to rush the lane and score with power. Bryant does not have that ability. Lebron also shoots a higher percentage. Bryant is better in free throw shooting and shooting in general, but that's it.

I am not here to start a Kobe Lebron debate, but after this series is over and the Magic win, people will come up with all sorts of reasons and excuses, but few people will mention that Lebron is better than Kobe. That has to be taken into consideration.

A way to look at it:

Lakers have much better big men than the Cavs.

This alone makes LA a tougher opponent than Cleveland. But how much tougher? Less than most people think because Lebron is better than Kobe. They are not equals and it will be proven again this NBA finals.

Most people are assuming that Kobe is equal to or even better than Lebron. It simply isn't true. Lebron is a superior basketball player. I don't care how much hype Kobe gets, that's the truth.

He is faster, more explosive, much stronger, a better passer, better rebounder, he has equal defensive skills but because of his size/speed combo he is a more versatile defender. He also has the ability to harass defenders, even Howard, by using his size and speed to rush the lane and score with power. Bryant does not have that ability. Lebron also shoots a higher percentage. Bryant is better in free throw shooting and shooting in general, but that's it.

I am not here to start a Kobe Lebron debate, but after this series is over and the Magic win, people will come up with all sorts of reasons and excuses, but few people will mention that Lebron is better than Kobe. That has to be taken into consideration.

A way to look at it:

Lakers have much better big men than the Cavs.

This alone makes LA a tougher opponent than Cleveland. But how much tougher? Less than most people think because Lebron is better than Kobe. They are not equals and it will be proven again this NBA finals.

I think Kobe is a better shooter and more experienced in general. That makes him a better close and very dangerous.

However, Lebron is harder to defend in many instances because Lebron is stronger and quicker in general.

I personally think Kobe has lost a step already. He looked slow for me vs the Nuggets and got very tired. However, I'm not ready to say Lebron is better. I just looks like Kobe should be less of a problem to guard straight up except for his jump shot being better than Lebron's.

In nay case, the Lakers have a better supporting cast, so Kobe actually doesn't need to be better than Lebron.

quote:
Originally posted by Sain:

Kobe is better, it isn't even close.

How? Without Gasol, when it was just Kobe and Odom for 3 seasons, they could not even advance past the 1st round for 3 straight seasons until they got Gasol. 2 times they lost to the Suns, one time they did not even make the playoffs.

One series, Kobe, Odom and the Lakers could not even beat a Phoenix team WITHOUT Amare, who was out for the entire series. Compare this to Lebron beating a full health 2007 Detriot by himself.

Magic fans are in for a pleasant surprise.

lebron- 28.4ppg 7.6rpg 7.2 apg 1.7 spg 1.1 bpg 2.98topg

fg% 49%, ft% 78 3pt% 34%

kobe- 26.8ppg 5.2rpg 4.9apg 1.5spg .4bpg 2.56topg

fg% 46.7% ft% 85% 3pt% 35%

now, saying kobe is better than lebron at this point in their respective careers is just ridiculous. Lebron left kobe in the dust this year. He is the best player in the nba right now.

I think it doesn't matter who is better. The point is the Magic have delt with go to SFs this year and done well against their TEAMS. At this point this is no point in fearing Kobe after facing Lebron, it's just more of the same, just a little different.

Kobe has the intangibles that are immeasurable. With the exception of Game 5, Lebron faded down the stretch, missing free throws, jacking up bricks. Don't expect that from Kobe.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

lebron- 28.4ppg 7.6rpg 7.2 apg 1.7 spg 1.1 bpg 2.98topg

fg% 49%, ft% 78 3pt% 34%

kobe- 26.8ppg 5.2rpg 4.9apg 1.5spg .4bpg 2.56topg

fg% 46.7% ft% 85% 3pt% 35%

now, saying kobe is better than lebron at this point in their respective careers is just ridiculous. Lebron left kobe in the dust this year. He is the best player in the nba right now.

I would also say Lebron has better stamina than Kobe right now too.

The question is, would that make Kobe easier to guard, and the Magic's job easier on defense?

Difference is supporting cast. I think Kobe has more guys who can constantly step up. It's a matter of stopping them.